Dow tumbles 800 points after bond market flashes a recession warning

Jul 2014
massachusetts
When Tom Brady set a record for touchdown passes in a season, I was happy my team had a QB at the top of his game, when he set the record for most Superbowl wins, I felt a little sad, because he is at the end of his career.
This is now the longest expansion ever, that means it's near the end.
It's taking a trillion a year in stimulus to keep it going, that can't last. We are part of an integrated world economy, and while that world economy has performed well for the last decade, there are some big bumps in the road ahead, brexit and trade wars.
And when it does start to sputter, we don't have much left in the tank to get us out of the coming recession.

Reactions: imaginethat

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
When Tom Brady set a record for touchdown passes in a season, I was happy my team had a QB at the top of his game, when he set the record for most Superbowl wins, I felt a little sad, because he is at the end of his career.
This is now the longest expansion ever, that means it's near the end.
It's taking a trillion a year in stimulus to keep it going, that can't last. We are part of an integrated world economy, and while that world economy has performed well for the last decade, there are some big bumps in the road ahead, brexit and trade wars.
And when it does start to sputter, we don't have much left in the tank to get us out of the coming recession.
Germany just posted negative growth.

Nov 2012
Michigan
If you’re not prepared for a 10 percent correction any time, you shouldn’t be in the stock market.

Jul 2019
Georgia
A recession during a Republican Administration? No wai!

~~

if you like heart attacks, you can watch the DOW trade in real time here

Cnbc @CNBC

Reactions: Clara007
May 2018
USA
A recession during a Republican Administration? No wai!

~~

if you like heart attacks, you can watch the DOW trade in real time here

Cnbc @CNBC
And after a massive, and totally unnecessary, tax giveaway of American tax dollars to the corporations and the wealthy, no less!

Republicans are so incompetent even when they give out huge tax breaks their mismanagement elsewhere totally destroys whatever tiny positives the cut may have had.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Meanwhile, back in Seniorville, the Greatest Generation and Baby Boomers are discussing the fact that WE MAY outlive our money--no matter how much we've got tucked away.
The Domino Effect begins.
MAGA!

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
The cycle will continue. Idiot republicans taking credit for an inherited strong economy, Republican ruining it but timed so when the next dem is president they will get a garbage economy and the idiots will blame the dem president, they will fix it, next republican president takes over and takes credit and tanks the economy again. Same stupid cycle

Reactions: se7en