Drones on the border, OH MY!

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Is there something about "designed for war" you don't understand?
I understand it perfectly. It's obvious to the most casual observer that you don't.
Obviously you don't see that that term is one of the highly biased terms used in the article. These "drones designed for war" are used for everything. The designed for war feature is that some can be armed. Most of them are just used for surveillance. You can designate anything used by the military as "designed for war". Drones are like many other devices, it's not what they're designed for it's what they're used for.

Last edited:
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Military drones are purpose built. For killing.

There are all kinds of drones available now for surveillance and search and rescue. But they don't get the fear reaction Dotard wants.

Sep 2017
Hell
It is a sensationalist headline and article to reel in TDS sufferers that want to support Kim by using the name he came up with.

1) Military drones are not purpose built for killing. It's primary mission is surveillance and intelligence gathering - such as the one shot down by Iran. It's secondary role of killing is served by special weaponized versions.

2) The 'military" General Atomics MQ-1 Predator B, the same version as most of the ones owned by the US Air Force, has been used by US Customs and Border Patrol on the border since the Obama Administration.

3) The operating altitude of a MQ-1 Predator B operates at 25,000ft and is quiet. The border crashers won't even know it is overhead unless they're dragging along a radar array. Scary my ass!

Below is your "military" drone. Can any TDS sufferer point out the guns or hard points to attach rockets and bombs?

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I have an issue with troops as they are specifically prohibited from any sort of law enforcement duties. But bring on the drones. Infinitely more effective and cheaper than a moronic wall.

Sep 2017
Hell
I have an issue with troops as they are specifically prohibited from any sort of law enforcement duties. But bring on the drones. Infinitely more effective and cheaper than a moronic wall.
With all due respect, you are wrong about the troops. It is perfectly legal to deploy them to the border, what is regulated is what they can or cannot do. In this case regarding the Southern Border, they cannot arrest or search these so called migrants, but they can patrol, detain, provide security for Border Patrol, and most importantly for those crying about the poor conditions, they help build, run, support the detention facilities and provide food and medical services because ICE and Border Patrol is overwhelmed.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Military drones are purpose built. For killing.

There are all kinds of drones available now for surveillance and search and rescue. But they don't get the fear reaction Dotard wants.
US military has drones that are unarmed and incapable of carrying weapons. Even those that do have a weapons capability are excellent at surveillance. The fear you speak of has nothing to do with weapons, just the fact that we can use them to watch what you're doing. Are you now fitting your tin foil hat "snugly"?

Jul 2019
Georgia
I'm cool with the drones.

it's about time we advanced to the 21st century

now can we all lol about what a dumb idea a 25 billion dollar big beautiful wall was?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I'm cool with the drones.

it's about time we advanced to the 21st century

now can we all lol about what a dumb idea a 25 billion dollar big beautiful wall was?
Since the idea of using drones is now cruel and nasty and an idea that Trump cooked up in his evil mind because they are military tools only used to kill the poor innocent immigrants and their children who are only seeking shelter from oppression has become the latest tool in the loons get Trump box the idea of a wall becomes attractive again.
There, that about covers it. lol