Education Proposal

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Correct. On a macro-level, my proposal is very simply. Instead of the individual students paying for their tuition, those expenses are covered through the government. The government funding would either come from increased taxes or shifting spending from A to B. All additional expenses that come from attending these 2-year programs are still born by the student themselves. All staffing are paid as normal.
So the government is suppose to borrow the money to do this.
Or like they do in some states tax the poor via the lottery

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
1. For the third time, this program would be paid either by increased taxes on people or businesses
2. As someone who working in the gaming industry, I promise you Lottery's are not a tax on the poor. The research just doesn't bare out. It just happens to be a national narrative that grew legs and hasn't gone away. However I can tell you that yes, Lotteries are great resources for educational aid. Sure there are states that shift money around that the public is largely unaware of, but for the most part Lotteries are a great resource. As a Wisconsin resident, I just got my property tax credit from the WI Lottery of about $100.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
1. For the third time, this program would be paid either by increased taxes on people or businesses
2. As someone who working in the gaming industry, I promise you Lottery's are not a tax on the poor. The research just doesn't bare out. It just happens to be a national narrative that grew legs and hasn't gone away. However I can tell you that yes, Lotteries are great resources for educational aid. Sure there are states that shift money around that the public is largely unaware of, but for the most part Lotteries are a great resource. As a Wisconsin resident, I just got my property tax credit from the WI Lottery of about $100.

That is what I said, increasing Taxes on working people (Corporations DON'T PAY TAXES because taxes are included in the cost of doing business, so what they do is pass this cost on to the consumer by increasing the price),

So the eduation IS NOT FREE it is paid for by the confiscating the earnings of workers.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
You are correct that nothing is free. While I didn't include it in my OP, the question would come of how to pay for a program such as this. Option A would be to increase taxes, whether it be on all citizens, all corporations, select citizens, select corporations, etc. Option B would be to not increase taxes, but shift government spending away from program X and towards program Y (X=TBD, Y=my proposal).
I believe that before taxes are addressed, which I am opposed to any assistance with the current state of higher education, the multi-billion dollar endowments and tax exempt status of universities should be addressed first.

I do not want one cent of my tax dollars to go to any university or students based on what these universities are producing, and until the accreditation system is revamped.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
First k-12 needs to be restructured. It is complete trash. The federal government needs to be completely removed from education. Unions, pensions and administrative costs are out of control. Thar is not even addressing insanity like tenure. Until these things are addressed i see no reason to even try. IMO higher education is a house of cards that is eating itself.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Taxes are way too low right now, Get taxes to a reasonable level and this is not only affordable, it costs too much to not do it.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
If tax dollars improved education, every student in the US would be a member of Mensa. Not only are they not, they become more ignorant each year.