El Paso shooter confesses to targeting Mexicans

Feb 2019
here and there
In the wake of the recent shooter in El Paso admitting to the world that he was targeting Mexicans, how many leftists favor his execution?

Who here will defend his right to live?

Feb 2019
here and there
I don't think he should die. When he did this, he wanted to die. We cannot give that to him. He will rot in prison for the rest of his disgusting life.
So forcing someone to stay alive in prison is the least humane thing to do?

I'm not interested in torture, I'm interested in justice.

How about you?

Jul 2019
Georgia
I don't care what happens to him as long as he doesn't breathe freedom air for the rest of his miserable life.

(I'll admit I'm a fan of Dylan Roof getting his ass beat on the reg in prison, kind of hope they let him ride it out for a while before execution)

Reactions: foundit66
Feb 2019
nunya
So forcing someone to stay alive in prison is the least humane thing to do?

I'm not interested in torture, I'm interested in justice.

How about you?
I'm interesting in torture for someone who ruined the lives of dozens of families, causing untold grief and death. I think that punishment is suitable.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2018
Earth
In the wake of the recent shooter in El Paso admitting to the world that he was targeting Mexicans, how many leftists favor his execution?

It won't be very long before someone attacks one of those large caravans of illegal alien invaders moving through Mexico. What will happen then?

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Most of his victims were Americans. Only eight (8) Mexican nationals were killed.
Dude, If someone went to Chinatown and in city, I'm sure only a few of the victims would be Chinese nationals, and the remainder would be Americans. The same for any and all communities that are gathering grounds for people that share an ethnic bond, whatever the nationality.

Reactions: se7en
Nov 2013
NM

Admitting? I assumed that he was proud of the fact that he'd killed all those people.

Does he have a right to live? Mass murder isn't a capital crime? He's already arrogated to himself the state's power to deprive people of life - after a fair trial & upon being found guilty of murder, & sentenced by a competent court. & it is Texas, after all - & as a native, surely he was aware of the near-utter abandon with which the state of Texas pursues capital punishment. I assume that the state has all the evidence it needs to successfully pursue a murder one case, several times over. The witnesses are there, the accused has confessed (I assume).

Unless he or his lawyer pleads insanity, I don't see much future for him. (& in Texas, I'm not sure that a plea of insanity would be that helpful. We'll see, I suppose.) & just to set any minds @ ease - I don't care what the accused's politics are. It's ridiculous that people can't feel safe in living their life in a shopping center. So regardless of his race, sexual orientation, religion, what-have-you that he may distinguish himself by - I want him tried, & if fairly convicted of a (or a series) of capital crimes, his sentence should be carried out.

Mind you, even if found guilty of various charges of murder one, & sentenced to death - it will probably still take years to actually carry out the sentence.