Elizabeth Warren ahead of Biden in Iowa

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Plus I know he has a reputation as being a gaff-machine, he even calls himself that, but between what appears to me to be more frequent gaffs and his whole touchy-feely thing, not to mention that he is too old with old ideas, I like him as a person but not as a presidential candidate.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Here are the headlines in the NYT today: Many Democrats Love Warren. They Also Worry about Her.
The article goes on to explain why voters are worried.
1) Warren's electability--they want Trump gone. 2) Liz IS a woman--is America ready? 3)Warren's uncompromising liberalism--can moderates get past it? 4)Her professorial style and Harvard background--can she connect with voters from modest circumstances. 4) Pocahontas--Trump will use it, abuse it. That's inevitable and there's nothing to be done about that. By the time we hit November, Trump will have a stupid nickname for everyone.

How do we overcome those objections? First, anyone's electability is questionable. 2016/Hillary?? Second, America IS MOST certainly ready for a woman president. 2016/Hillary won the popular vote. Third, Liberalism. This is really the ONLY one I'm worried about. Warren must compromise her LEFT leaning if she wants to win. When more Democrats hear her speak, they will be connected. Her energy and intelligence are contagious. Lastly, let Trump try his name-calling and see how far it gets him. Most American voters are sick of it, particularly our young people who hate stereotyping bias.

AND....WHO will Warren choose as a running mate? THAT will have a big bearing on Warren's win or loss.

No matter who wins the DNC nomination this election will be a roll of the dice.
We have NO IDEA what America will do.

Reactions: Lyzza
Jul 2019
Georgia
1) Warren's electability--they want Trump gone. 2) Liz IS a woman--is America ready? 3)Warren's uncompromising liberalism--can moderates get past it? 4)Her professorial style and Harvard background--can she connect with voters from modest circumstances. 4) Pocahontas--Trump will use it, abuse it. That's inevitable and there's nothing to be done about that. By the time we hit November, Trump will have a stupid nickname for everyone.
I think America is ready for a woman. A similar question was asked about Obama in 08. "Is America ready for a black President?" (most of us were)

Uncompromising liberalism I'm not sure about, but the other option is trump, who's even further from moderate.

I think she can connect with voters from modest circumstances because she genuinely wants to help them IMO. I hope she can communicate her plans in an effective manner

Pochahantas - trump will use and abuse it, but he was going to do that anyway. I think she was wise to address the issue early on, so by the time things heat up, hopefully it'll be "played out". Of course that's trump's go-to move, so he'll do something similar to whoever gets the nom

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Plus I know he has a reputation as being a gaff-machine, he even calls himself that, but between what appears to me to be more frequent gaffs and his whole touchy-feely thing, not to mention that he is too old with old ideas, I like him as a person but not as a presidential candidate.
I listen to Pod Save America, which is hosted by guys who worked on the Obama campaign and in the White House. They've said numerous times Joe Biden has a long history of opening his mouth and inserting his foot. It's part of his appeal. It's part of his fall.

Reactions: se7en
May 2018
Chicago
Here are the headlines in the NYT today: Many Democrats Love Warren. They Also Worry about Her.

How do we overcome those objections? First, anyone's electability is questionable. 2016/Hillary?? Second, America IS MOST certainly ready for a woman president. 2016/Hillary won the popular vote. Third, Liberalism. This is really the ONLY one I'm worried about. Warren must compromise her LEFT leaning if she wants to win. When more Democrats hear her speak, they will be connected. Her energy and intelligence are contagious. Lastly, let Trump try his name-calling and see how far it gets him. Most American voters are sick of it, particularly our young people who hate stereotyping bias.

AND....WHO will Warren choose as a running mate? THAT will have a big bearing on Warren's win or loss.

I think the goal should be to goad Trump into being as ugly as possible.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2012
California

"Many Democrats Love Warren". Is that the parasitic Liberal Progressive side of the Democrats?

Dec 2012
California
I think America is ready for a woman. A similar question was asked about Obama in 08. "Is America ready for a black President?" (most of us were)

Uncompromising liberalism I'm not sure about, but the other option is trump, who's even further from moderate.

I think she can connect with voters from modest circumstances because she genuinely wants to help them IMO. I hope she can communicate her plans in an effective manner

Pochahantas - trump will use and abuse it, but he was going to do that anyway. I think she was wise to address the issue early on, so by the time things heat up, hopefully it'll be "played out". Of course that's trump's go-to move, so he'll do something similar to whoever gets the nom
Excuse me but, didn't Pocahontas try to game the system by using a nonexistent claim of "Native American"?