Elizabeth Warren's tax concept

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Elizabeth Warren has come out with an alternative to AOC's tax on the rich. She is suggesting a 2% tax on all wealth over $50 mil and 3% on wealth over $1 Billion.

I like Warren's new idea more than AOC's for two reasons.

First, income is easy to avoid. Get yer gelt via dividends, company benefits, spread it around all your family members, the dog and the gerbils.

Second, 70% sounds scary, 2% or even 3% doesn't.

I like it lots.

Elizabeth Warren weighing a "wealth tax" on Americans with more than $50 million

Jun 2013
Katmandu
Elizabeth Warren has come out with an alternative to AOC's tax on the rich. She is suggesting a 2% tax on all wealth over $50 mil and 3% on wealth over $1 Billion.

First, income is easy to avoid. Get yer gelt via dividends, company benefits, spread it around all your family members, the dog and the gerbils.

I like it lots.

Elizabeth Warren weighing a "wealth tax" on Americans with more than $50 million
I'm anxious to see what Warren Buffet has to say about that, he is always complaining he isn't taxed enough and this would hit him for about $1.6 billion annually.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons

I like it lots.

How would this tax scheme effect you personally up in Canada?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
How would this tax scheme effect you personally up in Canada?
It wouldn't. But there are already many differences in that our rich can't legally hide income and loopholes are almost nonexistent. We have a capital gains tax. And mortgage payments are not deductible.

There are a fair number of people in the over $50 million range and up that it would affect.