End licensing and certification

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Licencing and certification is discrimination.

Did you know that besides being a layer, you need to have license to be a packager, a hair braider, a florist, operate food truck, an interior designer, a Home Entertainment Installer, a travel agent, an upholsterer, a gas pumper,...The list goes on forever.

The individual’s right to select his or her occupation, to earn a living in the manner of her choosing, is a fundamental one, entitled to the most exacting standard of legal protection. Under current constitutional jurisprudence, however, these basic economic rights are afforded so little protection that governments can restrict them practically without limit.

Why does a barber need to be licensed? Why does a contractor need to be certified? These are just simple examples to look at.

Licensing and certification does not guarantee competence or quality. Licensed doctors still do mal practice and licensed teachers to have sexual relationships with their students.

Uber is a good proof that no licensing or certification is needed to do the same job as a taxi which would cost over 100k to get a medallion. It is nonsense. in the 1930s, you could just paint the word taxi in your car and you were a taxi. Same if you wanted to open a barbershop.

Licencing and certification is for government organizations to collect money and keep unfair competition out of the market. What is an unfair competition? Anyone who sells the same product or services as you but for a lower price.

If the government wants to put people to work then get rid of all licensing, certification, minimum wage, permits welfare, and taxes. Make it easy for people to work and make it unprofitable for people to not work.

Reactions: SeymourFlops2020
Jan 2015
MD
Licensing and certification is proof that you have been thoroughly trained in a specific field, and have mastered it to the extent that you are trusted to do it.

Even Uber requires you to have a driver's license and insurance. Also, it's clear that you have never been an Uber driver. There is definitely a "system" to driving Uber that ensures efficiency as there is to everything else.

Reactions: Clara007
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Do you have a preferred medical provider? If you do then why him? why not just any doctor? They have the same license.

Licensing as I said does not assure competence or quality. If you know how to od something then you should be allowed to enter the market and compete. If you are not good then you won't be able to stay in the market for long.

Do you think it makes sense to have to be licensed in order to shampoo someone's head or to have permission to make someone a sandwich? It is an insult. I used to have a hotdog stand. You should see all licensing, certification, permits, zoning rules, commissary kitchen blah blah that goes into that. By the way, dogs are not allowed to be cooked, but only heated up. (you can grill them but they have to be pre-cooked.) All that just to put a dog in a bun and wrap it in tin foil for you.

Do you need that?

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

Did you know that besides being a layer, you need to have license to be a packager, a hair braider, a florist, operate food truck, an interior designer, a Home Entertainment Installer, a travel agent, an upholsterer, a gas pumper,...The list goes on forever.

The individual’s right to select his or her occupation, to earn a living in the manner of her choosing, is a fundamental one, entitled to the most exacting standard of legal protection. Under current constitutional jurisprudence, however, these basic economic rights are afforded so little protection that governments can restrict them practically without limit.

Why does a barber need to be licensed? Why does a contractor need to be certified? These are just simple examples to look at.

Licensing and certification does not guarantee competence or quality. Licensed doctors still do mal practice and licensed teachers to have sexual relationships with their students.

Uber is a good proof that no licensing or certification is needed to do the same job as a taxi which would cost over 100k to get a medallion. It is nonsense. in the 1930s, you could just paint the word taxi in your car and you were a taxi. Same if you wanted to open a barbershop.

Licencing and certification is for government organizations to collect money and keep unfair competition out of the market. What is an unfair competition? Anyone who sells the same product or services as you but for a lower price.

If the government wants to put people to work then get rid of all licensing, certification, minimum wage, permits welfare, and taxes. Make it easy for people to work and make it unprofitable for people to not work.

Of all the stupid fucking shit that you have wasted your time and everyone else with this particular piece of fucking stupidity has to top the list...

Jul 2019
Georgia
really, let's take it a step further and get rid of Driver's licences. my kid already knows how to drive a 4 wheeler, pretty well might I add, at only 9 years old. Car ain't much different. Why does he have to get a piece of plastic just so he can get on the road? Oppressive damn government that's why.

Reactions: RNG and Hollywood
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

Do you honestly believe a doctor shouldn't have to show a certain level of competence before being allowed to see patients ?? Seriously ?? Does malpractice still happen YES, and what happens ?? THEY LOSE THEIR LICENSE so they can't inflict their incompetence on anyone else. In your world, they can just move to another town and set up a new practice.

Do you seriously want someone making your food that doesn't know and understand basic sanitary practices ?? Do you WANT to eat in a restaurant that looks good out front, but is infested with roaches and mice in the kitchen and food storage areas ??

Are you SURE you want to share the highway with a 13 year old truck driver ??

Feb 2020
Houston
Do you have a preferred medical provider? If you do then why him? why not just any doctor? They have the same license.

Licensing as I said does not assure competence or quality. If you know how to od something then you should be allowed to enter the market and compete. If you are not good then you won't be able to stay in the market for long.

Do you think it makes sense to have to be licensed in order to shampoo someone's head or to have permission to make someone a sandwich? It is an insult. I used to have a hotdog stand. You should see all licensing, certification, permits, zoning rules, commissary kitchen blah blah that goes into that. By the way, dogs are not allowed to be cooked, but only heated up. (you can grill them but they have to be pre-cooked.) All that just to put a dog in a bun and wrap it in tin foil for you.

Do you need that?

It's ridiculous.

For example, I have a bunch of bottles of antibiotic capsules that I bought over the internet because I was contemplating starting an aquarium and the capsules you should dissolve in the water are called Fish Mox. 250 milligrams of amoxicillin, 100 per bottle and I got five bottles because I was planing to be an avid aquarist. It is exactly the same medicine as a doctor would prescribe for an upper respiratory infection, a toothache caused by an infection or an infected cut.

Available on the internet for about $25 if you google "Fish Mox."

But do not buy them to self treat! Them doctors pay the government good money to make that against the law and you better damn well follow the law like me.

Two weeks ago, I got a toothache and it was exactly the same as when I had an infected tooth a few years before. Mrs. Flops said "just take the damn fish stuff!" But I'm way to law abidin' for that. So I fought through the pain, used the Jedi mind trick on myself and waited until spring break to see a properly licensed and certified dentist. (the doctors let them prescribe anti-biotics and pain killers since they are "almost doctors.")

EDIT: If your fish are allergic to amoxicillin, google "Fish Antibiotics" for many other aquarium anti-biotics that are exactly the same as human antibiotics, but you can't use them on yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreeToChoose
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Hey @FreeToChoose , i'll do your takes for you for free......just send me your Social so I can get started.
In the past, there were many kinds of medicine practiced but then one day, Allopaths decided to lobby the government to only hand out licenses to practice medicine to other Allopathic practitioners, thus killing off the other choices for medical care. It is all killing the competition (to whom they call unfair) and paying fees to one association.

Today if you are a licensed MD or dentist and you decide to give you services out for free then they will take away your license. As I said, all unfair competition is competition which sells the same service and products as you for a lower price. An optometrist giving free glasses would probably suffer the same fate.

Feb 2020
Houston
Licensing and certification is proof that you have been thoroughly trained in a specific field, and have mastered it to the extent that you are trusted to do it.

Even Uber requires you to have a driver's license and insurance. Also, it's clear that you have never been an Uber driver. There is definitely a "system" to driving Uber that ensures efficiency as there is to everything else.
Actually, I did used to drive Uber because of the shockingly low pay of public school teachers.

There were tips to make more money and I learned most of them through Youtube. There was no formal training, just license, insurance and a picture of my car. Uber didn't know if I was a serial killer or a stalker.

I think there was a customer service type video telling us to have water bottles in the car, but I don't think we had to watch them.