End licensing and certification

Jul 2019
Georgia
So you feel that I need proof that I know how to apply liquid soap to your hair and that I should be forced to take a 1000 hour class on that and pay for the license?
what are your thoughts on street drug dealers selling medication rather than licensed pharmacists?

I like that they don't discriminate and demand a pesky prescription, personally. The good ones are always open, and you don't have to wait as long as you would at, say, Walgreens. Product-wise you may have to do some trial by error, but still we're getting around that licensing bullshit.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
So you feel that I need proof that I know how to apply liquid soap to your hair and that I should be forced to take a 1000 hour class on that and pay for the license?
I don't know if it still pertains, but it used to be that hair curling used some pretty mean chemicals. And manicures/pedicures can cause serious problems if done wrong. Your 1000 hours is pure hyperbole. In Alberta, the only region I am familiar with it was a three day course.

Reactions: se7en
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
what are your thoughts on street drug dealers selling medication rather than licensed pharmacists?

I like that they don't discriminate and demand a pesky prescription, personally. The good ones are always open, and you don't have to wait as long as you would at, say, Walgreens. Product-wise you may have to do some trial by error, but still we're getting around that licensing bullshit.
OK. Like many people, I think Marijuana should be legalized but if you asked me the same about heroin, I would be like "HEY WAIT! I DON'T KNOW!" since I was taught that this was bad bad stuff. But that was before, now I think it all should be legal and up to the user if he wants to kill himself.

Personally, think alcohol is actually the most dangerous substance and 95% of the time when cops get dispatched, it is alcohol-related. After my horrible divorce, I had alcohol issues for years. I would go home straight to the bottle and when I traveled I always had those mini bottles in my pocket. Now that my life is good, I drink whenever I want and as much as I want and it causes no problems as I am no longer drinking away my anxiety.

Jul 2019
Georgia
alcohol licensing is some bullshit

half the time the Mexican restaurants around here can't serve booze because they make it so damn hard to get an Alcohol licence, and even harder for immigrants. Have you ever eaten Mexican without booze? No you haven't because it's impossible.

and here, the beer and liquor licenses are separate. so if a place only has a beer license, they can't serve liquor. I was offered a lime-a-rita in lieu of a margarita one time and bout stormed out

but even liquor stores run by white country boys is a pain in the ass for them to get going

and I don't know how versed in moonshine or toilet wine you are, but I'm here to tell you that shit will fuck you up worse than you've ever been. give me the regulated booze any day of the week. I only do shine around a campfire or at an Allman funeral.

Reactions: FreeToChoose
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I don't know if it still pertains, but it used to be that hair curling used some pretty mean chemicals. And manicures/pedicures can cause serious problems if done wrong. Your 1000 hours is pure hyperbole. In Alberta, the only region I am familiar with it was a three day course.
I am talking about a cosmetology license. You have plenty of deadly chemicals in your house that you bought right at the hardware store and supermarket.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
alcohol licensing is some bullshit

half the time the Mexican restaurants around here can't serve booze because they make it so damn hard to get an Alcohol licence, and even harder for immigrants. Have you ever eaten Mexican without booze? No you haven't because it's impossible.

and here, the beer and liquor licenses are separate. so if a place only has a beer license, they can't serve liquor. I was offered a lime-a-rita in lieu of a margarita one time and bout stormed out

but even liquor stores run by white country boys is a pain in the ass for them to get going

and I don't know how versed in moonshine or toilet wine you are, but I'm here to tell you that shit will fuck you up worse than you've ever been. give me the regulated booze any day of the week. I only do shine around a campfire or at an Allman funeral.
Mexican without beer? That is worse than Mexican without hot sauce.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Mexican without beer? That is worse than Mexican without hot sauce.
it can get brutal out here.
Georgia is a red state, so clearly they're all about some regulation and prohibition, and it can really be a downer sometimes.

don't get me started on Law Enforcement, DOL, GSP, DOR, PLB, DOD. The man is everywhere you look. I passed a new one I didn't even know existed today. S.M.R.T.

laughed my ass off because I immediately thought of

he had a "How's my driving" sticker on his car :lol:
hell no I ain't calling that and putting my number in "the system"

Last edited:

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I am talking about a cosmetology license. You have plenty of deadly chemicals in your house that you bought right at the hardware store and supermarket.
That's what I'm talking about. But as to the deadly chemicals in my house, first, I am a chemist by education so I know and respect them. Secondly, if some fool wants to go out and stick his finger in a bottle of muriatic acid he bought at Lowe's, even with all the warnings on the label, whatever he gets he deserves.

But if Mrs. RNG goes to a supposed pro to get a facial or a hairdo and gets messed up, that is a different beast and totally wrong. As soon as you are paying money for something, the customer has the right to have reason to believe they are in good hands.

Reactions: se7en