Environment, not only in natural but also is social contexts.

Dec 2018
U.S
Men's facial hair and the grooming of it as well as the mainitaining of it is an indicator to that 'environment', both in the natural and in the social sense(s).

In a 'certain' environment, it was expected that "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."
-Leviticus 19:27

I wonder why?

Round the corners:

5362. naqaph

Strong's Concordance
naqaph: about​
Original Word: נָקַף
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: naqaph
Phonetic Spelling: (naw-kaf')
Definition: to strike off

A primitive root; to strike with more or less violence (beat, fell, corrode); by implication (of attack) to knock together, i.e. Surround or circulate -- compass (about, -ing), cut down, destroy, go round (about), inclose, round.

So.... You shall not 'beat' upon the sides of your head nor
Turn your beard into corruption... You shall not use your beard to 'deceive' others... ???

maybe?

also...

Leviticus 19:15-16 "15Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. 16Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD."

Leviticus 19:26-28 "26Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. 27Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. 28Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Deuteronomy 14:1-2 "Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead. 2For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth."

Last edited: