Event Horizon Telescope

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
The first picture from the EHT is going to be released one week from today and it is focused on Sagittarius A, massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.

Last edited:
Mar 2019
Texas
First ever picture of a black hole in outer space.

Next thing you know they will be making new claims like information is stored or redistributed but never destroyed. I think most people knew this. Sometimes forgotten or lost but never destroyed...

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
First ever picture of a black hole in outer space.

Next thing you know they will be making new claims like information is stored or redistributed but never destroyed. I think most people knew this. Sometimes forgotten or lost but never destroyed...
The massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way is a light weight and weighs in at only 4 million solar mass. A heavy weight black hole is called super massive and weighs in at 20 billion solar mass. Hawking Radiation, perhaps. edit: Too bad that Hawking did not live long enough to see the first picture.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I'm eager to see it.

I know it sounds sorta simpleton, but, a black hole really is the opposite of the singularity from which the universe originated. With the black hole, matter disappears into ???, whereas with the Big Bang matter appeared from ???.

Mar 2019
Texas
I'm eager to see it.

I know it sounds sorta simpleton, but, a black hole really is the opposite of the singularity from which the universe originated. With the black hole, matter disappears into ???, whereas with the Big Bang matter appeared from ???.
It sure sounds like you are describing some type of sex scene.