Everything Trump Twits About the Constitution, or About the Law, Is Wrong

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
If they ever make a horror movie about trump's single term as president, they should get Lindsay Lohan to play him, since the most significant thing about trump since somehow being elected, is his constant silly ass "mean girl tweets" he spews each morning around dawn, kind of like the teenaged girls in the movie Lindsay Lohan was in did all the time.

Trump shows everybody once again how little he knows about this country, about history, about the Constitution, about reality, when he mean tweeted his former chief of staff John Kelly over his remarks about what a clown Trump is and always has been.

President Trump said his former chief of staff Marine General John Kelly needs to “keep his mouth shut” after he criticized the president during a public event Wednesday night.

“When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head,” wrote Trump in a pair of tweets Thursday morning. “Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut, which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that ‘John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.’ Wrong!”

Kelly criticized the president during a Q&A session at Drew University in New Jersey. Kelly stated that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who was dismissed last week from the National Security Council on Trump’s orders, was simply doing his duty when he reported on the president’s phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that was the basis of the impeachment inquiry.

“He did exactly what we teach them to do from cradle to grave,” Kelly said of Vindman. “He went and told his boss what he just heard.”

Kelly was also critical of Trump’s intervention in the military justice system on behalf of Eddie Gallagher, the Navy SEAL who was convicted of posing with the corpse of an enemy combatant. Trump’s meddling to lessen Gallagher’s punishment led to the resignation of the secretary of the Navy. Kelly said, “The idea that the commander in chief intervened there, in my opinion, was exactly the wrong thing to do. Had I been there, I think I could have prevented it.”

Kelly also expressed doubts about Trump’s handling of negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“He will never give his nuclear weapons up,” Kelly said. “Again, President Trump tried — that’s one way to put it. But it didn’t work. I’m an optimist most of the time, but I’m also a realist, and I never did think Kim would do anything other than play us for a while, and he did that fairly effectively.”

Kelly, a former four-star general whose son was killed in action in Afghanistan, was Trump’s original appointee as secretary of homeland security. After Reince Priebus was fired as White House chief of staff in the summer of 2017, Kelly replaced him and served until January 2019, when Trump fired him after multiple stories of friction within the White House, including an April 2018 NBC News report that Kelly had called Trump an “idiot” multiple times. Kelly said he had been urged by his wife to take the job with the Trump administration.

During his comments, Kelly also mentioned immigration, an area in which he implemented many of the White House’s policies.

“In fact, they’re overwhelmingly good people,” said Kelly of immigrants, disputing Trump’s description. “They’re not all rapists and they’re not all murderers. And it’s wrong to characterize them that way. I disagreed with the president a number of times.”

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Dec 2015
Arizona
If they ever make a horror movie about trump's single term as president, they should get Lindsay Lohan to play him, since the most significant thing about trump since somehow being elected, is his constant silly ass "mean girl tweets" he spews each morning around dawn, kind of like the teenaged girls in the movie Lindsay Lohan was in did all the time.

Trump shows everybody once again how little he knows about this country, about history, about the Constitution, about reality, when he mean tweeted his former chief of staff John Kelly over his remarks about what a clown Trump is and always has been.

President Trump said his former chief of staff Marine General John Kelly needs to “keep his mouth shut” after he criticized the president during a public event Wednesday night.

“When I terminated John Kelly, which I couldn’t do fast enough, he knew full well that he was way over his head,” wrote Trump in a pair of tweets Thursday morning. “Being Chief of Staff just wasn’t for him. He came in with a bang, went out with a whimper, but like so many X’s, he misses the action & just can’t keep his mouth shut, which he actually has a military and legal obligation to do. His incredible wife, Karen, who I have a lot of respect for, once pulled me aside & said strongly that ‘John respects you greatly. When we are no longer here, he will only speak well of you.’ Wrong!”

Kelly criticized the president during a Q&A session at Drew University in New Jersey. Kelly stated that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who was dismissed last week from the National Security Council on Trump’s orders, was simply doing his duty when he reported on the president’s phone call to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky that was the basis of the impeachment inquiry.

“He did exactly what we teach them to do from cradle to grave,” Kelly said of Vindman. “He went and told his boss what he just heard.”

Kelly was also critical of Trump’s intervention in the military justice system on behalf of Eddie Gallagher, the Navy SEAL who was convicted of posing with the corpse of an enemy combatant. Trump’s meddling to lessen Gallagher’s punishment led to the resignation of the secretary of the Navy. Kelly said, “The idea that the commander in chief intervened there, in my opinion, was exactly the wrong thing to do. Had I been there, I think I could have prevented it.”

Kelly also expressed doubts about Trump’s handling of negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“He will never give his nuclear weapons up,” Kelly said. “Again, President Trump tried — that’s one way to put it. But it didn’t work. I’m an optimist most of the time, but I’m also a realist, and I never did think Kim would do anything other than play us for a while, and he did that fairly effectively.”

Kelly, a former four-star general whose son was killed in action in Afghanistan, was Trump’s original appointee as secretary of homeland security. After Reince Priebus was fired as White House chief of staff in the summer of 2017, Kelly replaced him and served until January 2019, when Trump fired him after multiple stories of friction within the White House, including an April 2018 NBC News report that Kelly had called Trump an “idiot” multiple times. Kelly said he had been urged by his wife to take the job with the Trump administration.

During his comments, Kelly also mentioned immigration, an area in which he implemented many of the White House’s policies.

“In fact, they’re overwhelmingly good people,” said Kelly of immigrants, disputing Trump’s description. “They’re not all rapists and they’re not all murderers. And it’s wrong to characterize them that way. I disagreed with the president a number of times.”

I really wish I could empathize with Kelly and others, but I can't and won't. Kelly and a whole host of others were arrogant enough to think they could "CONTROL" Trump. They considered themselves capable of what NO OTHER PERSON could do---contain and reign in Trump. They completely ignored everything and everyone who TRIED to stop them from making a huge mistake, but oh no! They ALONE could handle him. They ALONE could make him into a reasonable, filtered, dignified, statesman instead of a reckless, blabbermouth monarch.
They failed. Over and Over. They failed miserably because Trump can't be controlled. Mentally impaired people can't be controlled, even when they are cerebrally shunted with Adderall.

It's a little late for John Kelly and the zillions who came before and after Trump to start opining about Trump. It's too late.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Feb 2020
dfw, texas
I really wish I could empathize with Kelly and others, but I can't and won't. Kelly and a whole host of others were arrogant enough to think they could "CONTROL" Trump. They considered themselves capable of what NO OTHER PERSON could do---contain and reign in Trump. They completely ignored everything and everyone who TRIED to stop them from making a huge mistake, but oh no! They ALONE could handle him. They ALONE could make him into a reasonable, filtered, dignified, statesman instead of a reckless, blabbermouth monarch.
They failed. Over and Over. They failed miserably because Trump can't be controlled. Mentally impaired people can't be controlled, even when they are cerebrally shunted with Adderall.

It's a little late for John Kelly and the zillions who came before and after Trump to start opining about Trump. It's too late.
well, better late than never. i wonder if anyone could accurately gauge what a completely incompetent blowhard trump is BEFORE it was too late?

Dec 2015
Arizona
well, better late than never. i wonder if anyone could accurately gauge what a completely incompetent blowhard trump is BEFORE it was too late?
No. It's too late. Kelly, like all the rest, COULD have opened their mouth AT THE TIME. A year ago---two years ago.
But, like all the rest, his loyalty to the president overrode everything else.
These people are a disgrace.
No one should be making excuses for the likes of John Kelly.