Evolution vs Creationism

Nov 2019
Upstate NY
I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God and the Jews are his chosen people. Humans are chained to a lie because of Satan. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit. Good luck and God speed!

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I believe God is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and eternal. Absolutely nothing happens that is apart from the will of God.

There was no "fall" in the Garden. God created the Serpent, the Devil. God put the Devil in the Garden. God allowed the Devil to "tempt" Eve. God created Eve to be "temptable." It was all according to God's plan, or quite simply, God isn't omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and eternal, for any being that has those qualities knows what will happen, while still allowing free will, the free will to suffer failure and to learn from the failure.

Yes, creation and life present incomprehensible mysteries, as does the true nature of God. The challenge arises from the finite's inability to comprehend the infinite. So the finite creates stories, comprehensible stories, which do capture some of the infiniteness of God, but all are incomplete.

The odds are high that physical evolution occurred as science has determined. Science creates scientific theories, stories, that attempt to describe the creative process used by God to bring life to the earth, and likely elsewhere. Yet, while science can observe the processes, science is completely incapable of explaining why the elements have the properties they have, why they combine in the ways that they do, what consciousness is, why life evolves, simple organisms becoming ever more complex, what matter and energy essentially are, where the universe exists, why it exists, how it came to exist, or the answers to a host of other fundamental questions.

The debate over creationism or evolution thus represents an artificial split imposed upon the physical universe and life itself. The process of evolution is the result of a creative act by an incomprehensible God. The biblical account of creation is a story that was somewhat comprehensible to a group of people living in antiquity. The Big Bang theory and evolutionary theory are updated comprehensible versions, far more accurate in the details, but still incomplete.

Transitional fossils exist. Examples of "faked" fossils are few and far between. Here is a partial list of transitional fossils: List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia

The claim that 99 percent of all mutations are "bad" was not substantiated. Take a look:

4 beneficial evolutionary mutations that humans are undergoing right nowt

Let me put it as simply as I can. Life evolves. Something about matter and energy existing in spacetime results in life that evolves, eventually to a form of life, us, which considers the intelligence that designed the universe and coded into the matter, energy, and spacetime this inevitable result. Thus, it's a waste of time to question whether creation or evolution is true.

They're both true.

Last edited:
Feb 2006
California
کوچک‎ شیطان -
Prime minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, used this phrase when referring to Iranian rhetoric during a visit to the United States and said "For them, we are you and you are us. And you know something, Mr President? At least on this last point, I think they're right. We are you and you are us. We're together. ... Israel and America stand together,"[5] In another situation, he stated that: "For the Mullahs that rule Tehran, Israel is the small Satan and America is the great Satan."[6] It is usually used by Islamist terrorists to recruit terrorists and by Shia speakers to propagate hatred towards Israel. The term also features heavily in contemporary Iranian propaganda.[7][8][9]

In Fatima gate border, a Lebanese gate border near Israel, there are two pillars as sign for performing symbolic stoning little Satan and great Satan. Lebanese people with this action will not throw stone towards Israeli soldiers.[10] Hizbullah has same political ideology with Iran and depicted the Zionist Entity as little Satan.[11]

Nov 2019
Upstate NY
کوچک‎ شیطان -
Prime minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, used this phrase when referring to Iranian rhetoric during a visit to the United States and said "For them, we are you and you are us. And you know something, Mr President? At least on this last point, I think they're right. We are you and you are us. We're together. ... Israel and America stand together,"[5] In another situation, he stated that: "For the Mullahs that rule Tehran, Israel is the small Satan and America is the great Satan."[6] It is usually used by Islamist terrorists to recruit terrorists and by Shia speakers to propagate hatred towards Israel. The term also features heavily in contemporary Iranian propaganda.[7][8][9]

In Fatima gate border, a Lebanese gate border near Israel, there are two pillars as sign for performing symbolic stoning little Satan and great Satan. Lebanese people with this action will not throw stone towards Israeli soldiers.[10] Hizbullah has same political ideology with Iran and depicted the Zionist Entity as little Satan.[11]
Did you ignore the rules on purpose or did you not read my post?

I specifically asked members to refrain from turning this into a political minefield. That's exactly what you are doing.

Now, if you have anything relevant to add in the creationist or evolutionary realm, by all means, go right ahead. If not, I suggest you go find another place to peddle your anti Israeli / anti Zionist rhetoric.

PMB

Mar 2018
US
I'm definitely a creationist at heart. I believe that God is real, Jesus is the son of God and the Jews are his chosen people. Humans are chained to a lie because of Satan. Satan has made his kingdom here on earth and has great influence over the human race. As evidenced in the garden of Eden, he caused the fall of humanity, the turn away from God and this is how "death" entered into our vocabulary.

In reference to evolution, its still just a theory. For one there are no transition forms in the fossil record. For another 99% of all mutations are bad.

For example, if evolution were true, what is the deal with all the fraudulent fossils? Surely there would be no need to "fake" the missing links between species, yet this seems to be a re-occurring theme that evolutionists cannot escape from.

Please share you views on this, I am eager to gain in insight and knowledge and that is exactly what this thread is about. I don't want this to turn into a political pissing match. Let's not mock or demean, simply list your argument and your evidence and debate your points as you see fit. Good luck and God speed!

I'm a evolutionist, and I do not believe Hebrews are the chosen people. They are just a group of people that made laws and believed in a higher presence for their existence. They sure made a good story up.

Reactions: cwII and Lyzza
Sep 2019
Louisville, Ky
I will ask, where are the transition forms in the fossil record?
Transitional species exist in abundance within the fossil record so far uncovered, but to expect a perfect record from an imperfect process is not logical. There are however, more than enough pieces of the puzzle to see the basic picture. When genetics and current biology/anthropology are added to the mix it becomes pretty clear to those not blinded by dogma that Evolution is the best answer by far. What you are doing is ignoring that which disputes your chosen story in order to continue belief in something without any evidence whatsoever.
We then delve into the real issue here, you do not even understand that your "Creation Story" deals with Abiogenesis not evolution and these are two completely separate issues. We are forced to choose between a supercalifragilistic being who makes us all out of mud or the possibility that the Organic molecules that exist everywhere in this Universe over Billions of years combined in the Zentillions of interactions into something that could make copies of itself. Considering that we already know the details of that process and can extrapolate possibility but have absolutely nothing to even consider in you magic story the choice is obvious to a thinking mind.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I will ask, where are the transition forms in the fossil record?
The transition forms are in the fossil record.
It's not like you find the first mammal and then man, there are the early lemur like fossils, there are a series of fossils of creatures that aren't quite apes, and aren't quite man.
There are ancestors of whales that have legs, there are the Galapagos Finches, where we have observed changes in the species in just the few hundred years e have watched them.
You have to understand that it is highly unlikely that any particular creature will be fossilized.
So what we get is "snapshots" of the process, not a continuous motion picture, but there is enough data in the record where any explanation other than the theory of evolution by natural selection has a probability that approaches zero.
And the theory of punctuated equilibrium where conditions arrive that rapidly drive evolution for relatively short periods of time and them the form of a species stabilizes for millions of years perfectly fits the fossil record.