Ex-CFO who slammed Chick-fil-A now on foodstamps

Jun 2013
Katmandu
There are consequences for your actions.

Things haven't gone too well for the former CFO who criticized Chick-fil-A in a video he posted on YouTube.

Unable to find lasting work, 37-year-old Adam Smith is living on food stamps with his wife and four kids in the RV they call home, he tells ABC News.

"Chick-fil-A is a hateful corporation," Smith told her as he filmed the exchange. "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here. I don't understand it."

Smith posted the video before returning to work at Vante, a Tucson-based medical manufacturer — and the proverbial you-know-what had hit the fan by the time he got there.

Fired that day, Smith lost his $200,000 salary and more than $1 million in stock options. He and his family moved to Portland, where he got a CFO job, but lost it two weeks later when they realized who he was.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Pity he lost his job over a political opinion. Likely wouldn't have without video evidence. Not to make light of the situation, but what are the ironic chances of him landing a job at Chick-Fil-A?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
MLK was shot. That's worse. Still, good for this guy and I hope things get better for him.

Reactions: 2 people

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
What about people on the flip side of a political opinion or is that only reserved for opinions that are viewed as agreeable?

Jun 2013
Ohio
There are consequences for your actions.

Things haven't gone too well for the former CFO who criticized Chick-fil-A in a video he posted on YouTube.

Unable to find lasting work, 37-year-old Adam Smith is living on food stamps with his wife and four kids in the RV they call home, he tells ABC News.

"Chick-fil-A is a hateful corporation," Smith told her as he filmed the exchange. "I don't know how you live with yourself and work here. I don't understand it."

Smith posted the video before returning to work at Vante, a Tucson-based medical manufacturer — and the proverbial you-know-what had hit the fan by the time he got there.

Fired that day, Smith lost his $200,000 salary and more than $1 million in stock options. He and his family moved to Portland, where he got a CFO job, but lost it two weeks later when they realized who he was.
I took a look at Libertines source article and couldn't help but noting that he went to great pains to edit out the truth about his Chick-fil-A Christians. Can you pick out what a Libertine edited out ?

The receptionist told him "the voicemail is completely full, and it's full of bomb threats," he says. Fired that day, Smith lost his $200,000 salary and more than $1 million in stock options. He and his family moved to Portland, where he got a CFO job, but lost it two weeks later when they realized who he was.

He says he has since been honest in interviews, but companies have been too wary of fallout to hire him. "I don't regret the stand I took, but I regret… the way I talked to her," an emotional Smith says of the worker.

Nov 2012
nirvana
MLK was shot. That's worse. Still, good for this guy and I hope things get better for him.
I'm sure things will. People like courage. Not Chik fillet kiss asses. They are the antithesis of courage. Nothing courageous about go along to get along cowardice. Never ate at the place. Never will. I find these posts about them curious though. Are the posters paid advertisers for this second rate fast food chain?

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I took a look at Libertines source article and couldn't help but noting that he went to great pains to edit out the truth about his Chick-fil-A Christians. Can you pick out what a Libertine edited out ?
So? Do you remember the story on the white female PR rep who posted a misguided attempt at humor to her twitter account? Bomb threats, threats of physical violence against her and family with the loss of her job wbeing the result.

Online vigilantism is and can be a dangerous thing for people with different opinions and failed jokes. Heck, this could happen to me or you one day. I hope it never does happen to anyone i know.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I'm sure things will. People like courage. Not Chik fillet kiss asses. They are the antithesis of courage. Nothing courageous about go along to get along cowardice. Never ate at the place. Never will. I find these posts about them curious though. Are the posters paid advertisers for this second rate fast food chain?
People have to make a living. Whether you work at an abortion clinic or a Chick-Fil-A. Abuse and ridicule should never be encouraged against people working at a job someone disagrees with.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
People have to make a living. Whether you work at an abortion clinic or a Chick-Fil-A. Abuse and ridicule should never be encouraged against people working at a job someone disagrees with.
I used to think that, but so often the companies organize themselves so that you can't contact the people who need telling. So how do you get the message out.

Although instead of ranting at a poor underling, and usually the ones interacting with the public are very low on the totem pole, I just vote with my feet.

Jun 2013
Ohio
So? Do you remember the story on the white female PR rep who posted a misguided attempt at humor to her twitter account? Bomb threats, threats of physical violence against her and family with the loss of her job wbeing the result.

Online vigilantism is and can be a dangerous thing for people with different opinions and failed jokes. Heck, this could happen to me or you one day. I hope it never does happen to anyone i know.
You missed the point. Libertine wanted to create a narrative that they guy deserved to get fired for being rude to the worker at the drive thru window. He rightfully thought that knowledge of how the fine Christian Chick-fil-A followers threatened him and and his coworkers with death did not fit his narrative so he backspaced it out of his paste. Say what you want about the guy but he took credit for his words. The "fine" Christians that threatened him and his coworkers lives did so the Christian way - ANONYMOUSLY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person