F@ck windows 10!

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Okay....So I finally got so fed up with this garbage I am actually buying a used laptop with XP just to ditch this nightmare. There is actually such a large community of like minded people that a company now specializes in providing the computers and OP systems for everyone who wants it. Best part being I will get my preferred XP AND a laptop for about $100...Win/Win.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Okay....So I finally got so fed up with this garbage I am actually buying a used laptop with XP just to ditch this nightmare. There is actually such a large community of like minded people that a company now specializes in providing the computers and OP systems for everyone who wants it. Best part being I will get my preferred XP AND a laptop for about $100...Win/Win.
I feel your pain.....and so does everybody else. Windows 10 was/is a disaster: slow, locks up, "not responding"...horrible. XP was far superior. It was so frustrating every single time Microsoft switched things up.
AND of course Microsoft --the monopoly--which I hated.
When my Windows 7 PC was on its last legs, I'd had enough and went entirely to Apple. After a bit of a learning curve, I was in love and that was 5-6 years ago. Apple products are so superior!

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
I feel your pain.....and so does everybody else. Windows 10 was/is a disaster: slow, locks up, "not responding"...horrible. XP was far superior. It was so frustrating every single time Microsoft switched things up.
AND of course Microsoft --the monopoly--which I hated.
When my Windows 7 PC was on its last legs, I'd had enough and went entirely to Apple. After a bit of a learning curve, I was in love and that was 5-6 years ago. Apple products are so superior!
Yeah...my wife keeps trying to me to go apple and I almost did. I guess I just loved XP and dont want to get tied into the Apple everything issues. I would need to buy everything new and start all over.

Reactions: intangible child
Dec 2015
Arizona
Yeah...my wife keeps trying to me to go apple and I almost did. I guess I just loved XP and dont want to get tied into the Apple everything issues. I would need to buy everything new and start all over.
Well, eventually you'll be like the rest of us and so fed up with Windows you'll throw the damn PC against a wall...and YES--go to Apple.
I toyed with the idea for years, but APPLE is so expensive. Finally I thought okay--I'll try an iPad. That's where I started. Then got my iPhone. Then MacBook--refurbished. Everything syncs beautifully--seamlessly. AND everything is SO fast. No downtime at all.
When Apple upgrades they load everything at night--run the programs---and VOILA! It's done. In the morning everything is refreshed and I rarely even have to restart. Amazing technology. In fact, after all my research and satisfaction with all the Apple products, I bought Apple stock. No regrets.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That is funny. I hated Windows for years. But since about 6 months after getting on Windows 10, it has been great. I was one of the first of the mass downloads to get it. The first six months were a pain only because of the large number of updates they were sending out. And each update seemed to create another minor issue. My pet peeve was that about every second one would cause the machine to default back to having num lock off every time you turned it on.

But after that 6 months, which really weren't as bad as any previous Windows I had experience, I think it's great. I've only had two lock-ups in the past 4 years.

May 2018
none
Well, eventually you'll be like the rest of us and so fed up with Windows you'll throw the damn PC against a wall...and YES--go to Apple.
I toyed with the idea for years, but APPLE is so expensive. Finally I thought okay--I'll try an iPad. That's where I started. Then got my iPhone. Then MacBook--refurbished. Everything syncs beautifully--seamlessly. AND everything is SO fast. No downtime at all.
When Apple upgrades they load everything at night--run the programs---and VOILA! It's done. In the morning everything is refreshed and I rarely even have to restart. Amazing technology. In fact, after all my research and satisfaction with all the Apple products, I bought Apple stock. No regrets.
Yep, and their stuff lasts a very long time, so really, the expense is worth it. I've used Apple since the 80s and never even thought once to get a PC. My industry (advertising) also uses all Macs, so that makes it even easier. I'm still using a 2012 retina MacBook Pro at home, though it's just about time to get a new one. It's having a little trouble with the latest video editing software.

Dec 2015
Arizona
That is funny. I hated Windows for years. But since about 6 months after getting on Windows 10, it has been great. I was one of the first of the mass downloads to get it. The first six months were a pain only because of the large number of updates they were sending out. And each update seemed to create another minor issue. My pet peeve was that about every second one would cause the machine to default back to having num lock off every time you turned it on.

But after that 6 months, which really weren't as bad as any previous Windows I had experience, I think it's great. I've only had two lock-ups in the past 4 years.
Maybe during that 6 months you mellowed? LOL
Or started drinking more?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
The integration is seamless. I take a pic, and it's on my laptop. I need to reset a password while I'm on my laptop, the code is sent to my iPhone and it communicates the code to my laptop. I want to call my friend Dave while on my laptop, I tell Siri on my laptop to call Dave. I could go on and on.

MacOS has been almost perfect since its introduction in 2001. It was a huge improvement over the Mac Classic OS. Since then Apple has put out 15 versions of MacOS and every one has been better than the one it superseded. The last three, High Sierra, Mohave and Catalina, have made my going on seven year old MacBook Pro faster as they were optimized for solid state drives .... which are a HUGE improvement over hard drives ... huge.

That's a big difference between Mac and Win. With Win, it's a BFD when a new system comes along. With Mac, it's happening all the time.

If I had to pick the one thing that sets a Mac apart, it's the Finder window. Literally, you can go anywhere on your Mac from there.

I can understand the challenge of going from Win to Mac, but keep in mind: Macs have always been much friendlier to PC than vice versa. With certain programs, like LibreOffice, free btw, a Mac can open almost anything, and it can save anything in almost any format.