Fact Check: Trump's State Of The Union Address

Jun 2013
Katmandu
Look, Lib. Employment is a good thing, okay. No one is disagreeing and I'll repeat---GOOD FOR TRUMP. If you really want the truth here it is. We've had almost 10 years of U.S. economic growth, the unemployment rate is at a 30-year low. Hooray! So if you want bragging rights to Donald Trump's job rate success--go for it. The problem is your ongoing "hits" on the Obama administration. You can't compare the two economies. Period. All we need to know is that 10 years of economic growth is good for Americans......well....until it's not.
There is a dark side to today's low unemployment rate. Wages are stagnant. Technology is getting ahead of us. Healthcare, food, and housing prices are out of control. Our expenses are growing faster than our income. Inflation is here (we just don't notice it) and the gap between wages and costs is not closing. Interest rates (mortgages) are up and are expected to hit 5% this year. 50% of Americans have no savings at all--no retirement plans---and live hand to mouth. The government shutdown certainly didn't help.
Then there's the difficulty in hiring. It's harder for employers to attract the right kind of people. Companies are seeing "walk-aways" & candidates are just "disappearing" in the interview process because they see so many other opportunities available.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for JOBS--just like everyone else, but this is not all rainbows and roses.
That isn't true, real household median incomes are growing as are real wages, inflation is taken into account and they are still rising.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
This Is Trump's Economy
If Obama Hadn't Been In The Way
This Would Have Been Bush's Recovery
Plus Trump's Trade Negotiations
Which Are Working

The Recovery Trend Was Underway
In The Last Quarter Of 2008
Before Obama Was Even Inaugurated
As You Have Been Shown

Op-Ed Columns And Pundits Are Not News Reports
Well you certainly have proven your inability to understand national economic forces and your deafness to anything that might expect objectivity in the assessment of Trump.
You might find this paper from Princeton economists of interest:
https://www.nber.org/papers/w20324.pdf

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Really ??

Well, Have You Seen This PDF ??
https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/sites/ocasio-cortez.house.gov/files/Resolution on a Green New Deal.pdf

It's How People Like You In Congress
Plan To Blow The Economy Wide Open
Yes. It is great. Probably unrealistic, but that does not make it irrelevant or useless. Values are needed. Goals are needed.
I am thoroughly amused that conservatives cannot distinguish an idea or an opinion from reality.
AOC has managed to arouse the entire hateful output of Right Wing America. Good job!
You have responded well to the dog whistle and are triggered... do you need a "safe place"?

Sep 2018
KC, MO
Yes. It is great. Probably unrealistic, but that does not make it irrelevant or useless. Values are needed. Goals are needed.
I am thoroughly amused that conservatives cannot distinguish an idea or an opinion from reality.
AOC has managed to arouse the entire hateful output of Right Wing America. Good job!
You have responded well to the dog whistle and are triggered... do you need a "safe place"?
I Haven't Been Dog Whistle Triggered Anything
I Know This Is What EVERY Democrat Really Wants

And, As You Just Proved:
...you certainly have proven your inability to understand national economic forces
Or Your In-Ability To Understand Anything Else, Biff

Because, Like Any Other LWNJ Around Here
You Are Too Dumb
To Know How Dumb You Are

Like Ocasio-Cortez