Fact checking Ocasio-Cortez

Nov 2013
NM
I beg to differ, her double last name has both the maternal and paternal with the paternal being the last. She is a Cortez.
Yah, no. Ocasio-Cortez is her father's & mother's paternal last names, hyphenated & treated as a single last name. Her father & mother both also carried (in Hispanic tradition, anyway) their mothers' matronymic last names as well - @ least, if they were traditional about naming conventions. (I expect they were, the article I found on Ocasio-Cortez indicated her mother was born in PR, & her father was of PR descent.)

& she's (Alexandria) an Ocasio, by the way. (That's how traditional Hispanic naming conventions work - the father's patronymic is listed first, then the mother's. Please don't ask me why, time is pressing. There's a whole system there, but I'm not sure most people are interested in it. It's easy to look up, in any event.)

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
It's amazing how freaked out the RW's are about this junior member of Congress ;)

So funny. They parade her all over the place like the next big thing. Yet every time she gets criticized or reported on people make silly comments like this. She is a complete moron and it makes sense to point out her numerous stupid statments. She has only been in the spotlight for what, under a year and the list is very long.

But as it is w/ leftists. logic is irrelevant.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
All the sheep have their instructions to post negative stuff about her, whether it's true or not.
They are piling on her to try to blunt her effect.
But she brings a demographic that has been under represented at the polls, and she energizes it.
She is a part of the coming Democratic dominance.
I dissagree. Crazy leftists are over represented in every aspect of American society. This is what the backlash is all about.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
It's amazing. A lie or two from a Congress women you get called out.

A life devoted to falsehood and you get get a presidential vote from the deplorables.

(this is where you take a bow)
Yeah, I'm glad we got that whole Obama thing out of our system. We got really close to another lying political mouthpiece again. Dodged a bullet w/ that one. Thank the gods for the electoral college.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Nope.

According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Large Majorities Dislike Political Correctness - The Atlantic

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Yah, no. Ocasio-Cortez is her father's & mother's paternal last names, hyphenated & treated as a single last name. Her father & mother both also carried (in Hispanic tradition, anyway) their mothers' matronymic last names as well - @ least, if they were traditional about naming conventions. (I expect they were, the article I found on Ocasio-Cortez indicated her mother was born in PR, & her father was of PR descent.)

& she's (Alexandria) an Ocasio, by the way. (That's how traditional Hispanic naming conventions work - the father's patronymic is listed first, then the mother's. Please don't ask me why, time is pressing. There's a whole system there, but I'm not sure most people are interested in it. It's easy to look up, in any event.)
So Alexendria is her first name and thank God not Athena, The Goddess of WIsdom.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah, I'm glad we got that whole Obama thing out of our system. We got really close to another lying political mouthpiece again. Dodged a bullet w/ that one. Thank the gods for the electoral college.
What the hell are you talking about?

We GOT a lying political mouthpiece by the name of Trump.