Faithless elector

May 2019
USA
A federal appeals court ruled late Tuesday that presidential electors who cast the actual ballots for president and vice president are free to vote as they wish and cannot be required to follow the results of the popular vote in their states.
Faithless elector: A court ruling just changed how we pick our president

This is a prelude to the compact of the states. This is an example of nullifying democracy and making an attempt to call that nullification democracy. The logic of this ruling is the same as the compact of the states. For example, if the majority of vote goes to a presidential candidate, and your state votes for the other candidate, under the compact of the states, your states votes were nullified within the electoral college.

I look at this like I do the 2nd amendment. If you do not like it then repeal it and pass legislation instead of attempting to use political trickery. This is a bad ruling imo.

Reactions: imaginethat
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains

This is a prelude to the compact of the states. This is an example of nullifying democracy and making an attempt to call that nullification democracy. The logic of this ruling is the same as the compact of the states. For example, if the majority of vote goes to a presidential candidate, and your state votes for the other candidate, under the compact of the states, your states votes were nullified within the electoral college.

I look at this like I do the 2nd amendment. If you do not like it then repeal it and pass legislation instead of attempting to use political trickery. This is a bad ruling imo.
Explain.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I've always wanted to be a rogue elector

especially one with a time machine

with the dial set to 2016

Jun 2018
South Dakota

This simply sets up SCOTUS to take up the issue. These kinds of machinations are what happen in third world shithole countries when a dictator is getting ready to take over the country by force. After the whining and crying the Dems have done since Hilary lost the election I can't help but think that walkaway is right.

Reactions: Violent Chimp
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
This simply sets up SCOTUS to take up the issue. These kinds of machinations are what happen in third world shithole countries when a dictator is getting ready to take over the country by force. After the whining and crying the Dems have done since Hilary lost the election I can't help but think that walkaway is right.
Kinda like Bush stealing the election in 2000?

Reactions: Rescue Basket
Nov 2012
nirvana

Yes it is, and you would think more conservatives would be against it. More states are changing from red to blue, than the other way, and it will now make it easier for rogue electors in those states to vote for the Democrat now.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
And what would be there to stop the Trumpeteers from guaranteeing Trump a second term ? And he’s already floated the idea that he’s so popular he deserves a THIRD term !!

Trump’s the one sounding more like a dictator each day.

Reactions: Biff
Jul 2018
Earth

Do you realize that all of the States did not choose electors by popular vote until 1864? States are free to appoint almost anyone they want to become an elector. They do not have to conduct presidential election votes as they do now. Our votes are just suggestions.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
And what would be there to stop the Trumpeteers from guaranteeing Trump a second term ? And he’s already floated the idea that he’s so popular he deserves a THIRD term !!

Trump’s the one sounding more like a dictator each day.
Trump is an idiotic, 21st century version of Howard Hughes and probably thinks the world will be better the longer that he lives...or the longer he continues his incompetency in office.