Family with transgender child being driven out

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Thanks for at least attempting an answer. It is appreciated. Its good to see there is a liberal on here who is capable of thinking for themselves anyway.
I am a liberal?

I am a republican (not a Trumpet, although I was wide open to him until he proved to be unfit)

I am fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I am most definitely progressive in thought BUT hard to move by radical causes.

Bernie can go fly a kit for example.

Republicans like myself are lost now days. We have no party.

Nov 2005
California
simple yes or no question. Are you implying that everyone who voted for and supports Trump acts like this?
To answer explicitly: No.

But you're asking the wrong question.
The problem is not that every one of Trump's followers think like this.
The problem is that the Trump followers who think like this are at home in Trump's party and amongst the other followers who don't think like that.
"very fine people" was a phrase he used to describe people at a neo-nazi rally.
And the Trump followers who don't think like this do nothing to make it clear to those who do think like that that they aren't welcome...

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
And the Trump followers who don't think like this do nothing to make it clear to those who do think like that that they aren't welcome...
no action is an action

there is no way around it

you can't do nothing in the face of evil and claim innocence

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
It is not a matter of religious beliefs or political leanings that drives hate, but sheer ignorance, and the unfamiliarity or lack of exposure to these issues that make people uncomfortable and feel threatened by things they are not accustomed to. This rural town only has a population of 492, so in most likely home, they've been far more sheltered than say your average city person.

Those parents posting nonsense are no different than anyone else who is suddenly an internet badass that will say things that he or she would never dare to in person face to face. Those kids that were picking on her are the same bullies that will pick on and prey upon anyone they can, whether it be a wimp, a nerd, or in this case a transgender like Maddie, just because they can get away with it and not open up a big can of whup-ass on themselves.

This entire town of Achille OK should undergo sensitivity training, which can't be that difficult as there are only 492 of them. Whoops......488 of them as Maddie and family is leaving for Houston.