FBI probe of Trump

Jun 2013
Earth
1. Adam Goldman reports on the F.B.I. for The New York Times and was part of a team that won a Pulitzer Prize in 2018 for national reporting on Russia’s meddling in the presidential election. Previously, he covered national security for The Washington Post and worked on the investigative team at The Associated Press, where he and his colleagues revealed the New York Police Department’s Muslim spying programs.

Michael S. Schmidt is a Washington correspondent for The Times who covers national security and federal investigations. He was part of two teams that won Pulitzer Prizes in 2018 — one for reporting on workplace sexual harassment issues and the other for coverage of President Donald Trump and his campaign’s ties to Russia.

Nicholas Fandos is a reporter in the Washington bureau of The New York Times, covering Congress.

2. The following are excerpts from an article by Adam Goldman, Michael S. Schmidt and Nicholas Fandos, dated January 11, 2019, under the headline "F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia".

(Begin excerpts)
WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

The investigation the F.B.I. opened into Mr. Trump also had a criminal aspect, which has long been publicly known: whether his firing of Mr. Comey constituted obstruction of justice.

Agents and senior F.B.I. officials had grown suspicious of Mr. Trump’s ties to Russia during the 2016 campaign but held off on opening an investigation into him, the people said, in part because they were uncertain how to proceed with an inquiry of such sensitivity and magnitude. But the president’s activities before and after Mr. Comey’s firing in May 2017, particularly two instances in which Mr. Trump tied the Comey dismissal to the Russia investigation, helped prompt the counterintelligence aspect of the inquiry, the people said...

The criminal and counterintelligence elements were coupled together into one investigation, former law enforcement officials said in interviews in recent weeks, because if Mr. Trump had ousted the head of the F.B.I. to impede or even end the Russia investigation, that was both a possible crime and a national security concern. The F.B.I.’s counterintelligence division handles national security matters....

The F.B.I. conducts two types of inquiries, criminal and counterintelligence investigations. Unlike criminal investigations, which are typically aimed at solving a crime and can result in arrests and convictions, counterintelligence inquiries are generally fact-finding missions to understand what a foreign power is doing and to stop any anti-American activity, like thefts of United States government secrets or covert efforts to influence policy. In most cases, the investigations are carried out quietly, sometimes for years. Often, they result in no arrests.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.

Other factors fueled the F.B.I.’s concerns, according to the people familiar with the inquiry. Christopher Steele, a former British spy who worked as an F.B.I. informant, had compiled memos in mid-2016 containing unsubstantiated claims that Russian officials tried to obtain influence over Mr. Trump by preparing to blackmail and bribe him.

In the months before the 2016 election, the F.B.I. was also already investigating four of Mr. Trump’s associates over their ties to Russia. The constellation of events disquieted F.B.I. officials who were simultaneously watching as Russia’s campaign unfolded to undermine the presidential election by exploiting existing divisions among Americans.... (End excerpts)

Source: F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I wouldn't put anything past the current Swindler-in-Chief.

At the risk of belaboring the obvious: Trump Concealed Details Of Putin Meetings From Administration Officials: Report | HuffPost

The Washington Post reports the president instructed his interpreter not to disclose any details of what transpired during the meeting to administration officials.

By the way, Republicans, this may be standard operating procedure for the heads of state in Banana Republics, but not for U.S. Presidents.

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
I'm surprised that the NYSlimes actually published this without the results of the FBI "investigation" if there actually was one. They seem to be working up a huge volume of "might have" kinda "we think" sort of hit piece. Well written and padded with lots of conjecture but it's missing a couple of key pieces. My guess is they're trying to get in front of any outcome by declaring that they broke it. Another more probable reason is that they need to keep the negative pot boiling. I'd like to see how much of it turns out to be true.

May 2013
arkansas
I'm surprised that the NYSlimes actually published this without the results of the FBI "investigation" if there actually was one. They seem to be working up a huge volume of "might have" kinda "we think" sort of hit piece. Well written and padded with lots of conjecture but it's missing a couple of key pieces. My guess is they're trying to get in front of any outcome by declaring that they broke it. Another more probable reason is that they need to keep the negative pot boiling. I'd like to see how much of it turns out to be true.
I thought you had already 'decided' that it was a Democrat scam?

Dec 2018
U.S
The F.B.I

Along with the Deputy Director, the Director is responsible for ensuring that cases and operations are handled correctly. The Director also is in charge of staffing the leadership in any one of the FBI field offices with qualified agents.

The FBI is an agency within the Department of Justice (DOJ), as well as part of the United States Intelligence Community. The Director reports to the Attorney General of the United States. The Director reports in an additional capacity to the Director of National Intelligence.

Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation - Wikipedia

MUCH MORE THAN A JOB

The mission of the FBI is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Special Agents enforce over 300 federal statutes and conduct criminal and national security investigations.

Major Duties
The FBI Special Agent (SA) position requires significant commitment and dedication. Special Agents must:

• Adhere to the highest standards of conduct, especially in maintaining honesty and integrity.
The FBI is firmly committed to a drug-free society and workplace. Applicants for employment with the FBI who are currently using illegal drugs, misusing or abusing legal drugs or other substances at the time of the application process will be found unsuitable for employment. While the FBI does not condone any prior unlawful drug use by applicants, the FBI realizes some otherwise qualified applicants may have used illegal drugs at some point in their past. The guidelines set forth in this policy should be followed for determining whether an applicant’s prior drug use makes him or her unsuitable for employment, balancing the needs of the FBI to maintain a drug-free workplace and the public integrity necessary to accomplish its law enforcement and intelligence missions by hiring the most qualified candidates to fill the FBI’s personnel needs.

A candidate will be found unsuitable for employment and automatically disqualified if he/she deliberately misrepresents his or her drug history in connection with his or her application for employment. Additionally, candidates are automatically disqualified under the following criteria:

Eligibility | FBIJOBS

Initialisms are very similar to acronyms in that they are made up of letters of some name or phrase, usually the first letter of each word as is common with acronyms. The difference between an acronym and initialism is that the abbreviation formed with initialisms is not pronounced as a word, rather you say the individual letters, such as FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation), CIA (Central Intelligence Agency), and DVD (Digital Video Disk*).

Acronyms, of course, are abbreviations where the abbreviation is formed from letters of other words (usually the first letter of each word, though not always). The part of the definition of acronym that many people miss is that the resulting abbreviation needs to be pronounceable as a word. Examples of this would be things like RAM (Random Access Memory); LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation); NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), and OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries).

FBI, CIA, DVD - non pronounceable combination.. at least not intelligibly .

F.B.I, C.I.A, D.V.D - definitely non pronounceable combination...

USA is pronounced as Usah.
U.S.A is pronounced as U - S - A.

DOJ is pronounced as DODGE.
D.O.J is pronounced as D(ee) - O(h) - J(ay)

DOE is pronounced as 'Doe' a deer a female deer
D.O.E is pronounced as D - O - E

DOS is pronounced as Dos.
DOS is pronounced as Disk Operating System
D.O.S is pronounced as D - O - S

What are 'puncuations' in titles or Names for? For dignifying the difference between the common and the uncommon.

Originally, the colors red, white and blue had neither specific meaning nor representation when the flag was adopted in 1777. However, the colors in the Great Seal of the United States did have specific meanings. Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress, reporting to Congress on the Seal, stated:

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Symbolism of the American Flag

Design Thirteen horizontal stripes alternating red and white; in the canton, 50 white stars of alternating numbers of six and five per horizontal row on a blue field

Flag of the United States - Wikipedia

Great Seal of the United States

1547424245906.jpeg

So... maybe when the U.S declared independence, separation and autonomy from the British Crown, they were also declaring the informalizing of 'rules and standards' to which they would 'live' under.

And this could be a reason why the unspoken motto of the U.S is live but don't over exert yourself.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands that I officially ask The LORD and God and (J)esus Christ to help me to be allowed to exert myself if desired and not be in places where 'exertion' is looked down upon. In The Name of (J)esus Christ, I ask. Amen.

ex·ert

verb

1. 1.
    apply or bring to bear (a force, influence, or quality).
    "the moon exerts a force on the Earth"
    synonyms:bring to bear, apply, bring into play, exercise, employ, use, make use of, utilize, deploy;More

2. make a physical or mental effort.

exert (v.)1660s, "thrust forth, push out," from Latin exertus/exsertus, past participle of exerere/exserere "thrust out, put forth," from ex "out, from within" (see ex-) + serere "attach, join; arrange, line up" (from PIE root *ser- (2) "to line up"). Meaning "put into use" is 1680s. Related: Exerted; exerting.
exert | Origin and meaning of exert by Online Etymology Dictionary

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 "If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; 24Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you."

to cry out.. exert..

I was being 'raped' but did not 'cry out'. i got pregnant and got an abortion.
I was being sexually assaulted but I did not 'cry out'. I got pregnant and got an abortion.
A man was forcing himself upon me but I did not 'cry out' so he penetrated me and ejaculated. 10 years later, I took him to Court for past sexual harassment. His friend was also an accomplice against one of my friends who also did not 'cry out'. We both won the case.

These sorts of things can be 'thrilling' and 'sexually exciting' as a youth and many might engage in them. But when the higher Authorities also do not 'exert' Justice, these things become 'greater' than intelligence.

Ephesians 4:26 "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:"

It is better to get angry than to sin. But be sure you do not let the sun go down while you are still in anger. Resolve the matter as soon as possible.

Affluenza. The sickness of over abundance.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
U.S
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands that I officially ask The LORD and God and (J)esus Christ to help me to be allowed to exert myself if desired and not be in places where 'exertion' is looked down upon. In The Name of (J)esus Christ, I ask. Amen.
Talk like this can be offensive. Sometimes it's better to not be alive than to have an honest opinion.

Ooops.. another offense.

of·fense

noun

1. 1.
    a breach of a law or rule; an illegal act.
    "neither offense violates any federal law"
    synonyms:crime, illegal/unlawful act, misdemeanor, breach/violation/infraction of the law, felony, wrongdoing, wrong, act of misconduct, misdeed, delinquency, peccadillo, sin, transgression, infringement, act of dereliction, shortcoming, fault, lapse; More

2. 2.
    annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself or one's standards or principles.
    "I didn't intend to give offense"

Dec 2018
U.S
The June 1962 Alcatraz escape was an escape from Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary successfully carried out by inmates Frank Morris, John Anglin, and Clarence Anglin.

Hundreds of leads and theories have been pursued by the FBI and local law enforcement officials in the ensuing years, but no conclusive evidence has ever surfaced favoring the success or failure of the attempt.[4] In 1979, the FBI officially concluded, on the basis of circumstantial evidence and a preponderance of expert opinion, that the men drowned in the frigid waters of San Francisco Bay while trying to reach the mainland.[2][3][5] The U.S. Marshals Service case file remains open and active, however. Morris and the Anglin brothers remain on its wanted list

On December 16, 1962, inmate John Paul Scott, successfully swam a distance of 2.7 nautical miles (5.0 km; 3.1 mi) from the island to Fort Point, at the southern end of the Golden Gate Bridge. He was found by teenagers, suffering from hypothermia and exhaustion.[40][40] After recovering in Letterman General Hospital, he was immediately returned to Alcatraz.[41][41] It is the only proven case of an Alcatraz inmate reaching the shore by swimming

June 1962 Alcatraz escape attempt - Wikipedia

James Savage, 9, of Los Banos, Calif., became the youngest person to ever swim from the San Francisco shore to Alcatraz and back on June 14, 2016.

A mere 57 pounds, the boy wonder captured the world record for youngest person to complete the round-trip journey between the shore and the Rock.

The record was previously held by 10-year-old Anaya Khanzodé of Sunnyvale, who completed the swim last year.

"This is very typical of his personality," coach Josh Weinberger said in an interview. "He's an amazing kid with amazing goals. With a big heart and a strong body, he puts it all together and makes it all happen."

James and his family got up at 3 a.m. to make the drive to San Francisco, and he and his coach dove into the water at about 7 a.m.

The journey is usually only three miles long, but yesterday the currents were strong and the swells big, and the pair was forced to take a less-direct route.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Record-breaker-9-year-old-boy-swims-to-Alcatraz-8195430.php