FBI probed whether Trump was secretly working for Russia in 2017

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Imagine if this had been Hillary as president. The conservative media would be screaming for her execution.
Impeachment and conviction fer sure but execution? Nah! It would have been nice to get two Clintons tho. Then we sit back and wait fer the next one.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
The investigation was taken over by Mueller in his role as Special Counsel, so we don’t know their findings yet.
Fine with me. Personally, I think Trump is too fucking stupid to commit treason. Yes, he's a greedy bastard who wants to make money and, IMO, most likely saw an opportunity to cut a deal with the Russians if Obama's Ukranian sanctions were lifted. That doesn't mean he did anything treasonous or illegal, but it certainly gives Putin incentive to help Trump and attack Hillary. There is no need for collusion between Trump and Putin for that scenario to exist.

I do think people in the Trump campaign engaged in illegal activities with the Russians. Maybe Trump is legally involved, maybe he isn't. I do think that members of his family are legally involved and could face jail time for their actions.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Fine with me. Personally, I think Trump is too fucking stupid to commit treason. Yes, he's a greedy bastard who wants to make money and, IMO, most likely saw an opportunity to cut a deal with the Russians if Obama's Ukranian sanctions were lifted. That doesn't mean he did anything treasonous or illegal, but it certainly gives Putin incentive to help Trump and attack Hillary. There is no need for collusion between Trump and Putin for that scenario to exist.

I do think people in the Trump campaign engaged in illegal activities with the Russians. Maybe Trump is legally involved, maybe he isn't. I do think that members of his family are legally involved and could face jail time for their actions.
Using his position in government in order to enrich himself is illegal. And being president, he can't claim that these transactions were outside of his government work. Like it or not, he's president 24/7.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Using his position in government in order to enrich himself is illegal. And being president, he can't claim that these transactions were outside of his government work. Like it or not, he's president 24/7.
Proving that is a wet dream for you libs.

Nov 2018
Montana
Jimmyb will weigh in on this, I am sure. However, I don't think it is technically illegal for a prez to enrich himself. It is unconstitutional to be influenced financially or by gifts from foreign interests as proscribed in the emoluments clause and recent presidents have placed their assets out of reach in blind trusts while in office and they cannot commit criminal activity to enrich themselfs (Agnew and Harding come to mind). But they can enrich themselves and most since Truman have...
Interestingly, the justices of the Supreme Court can receive gifts of any value or amount, unless the gift is associated with a case that they are actively engaged with. Before or after the case is fine, but not during the case.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
I'm mostly talking about before the election. Agreed anything he does in office along those lines is illegal.