FBI probed whether Trump was secretly working for Russia in 2017

Jul 2007
NJ
Jimmyb will weigh in on this, I am sure. However, I don't think it is technically illegal for a prez to enrich himself. It is unconstitutional to be influenced financially or by gifts from foreign interests as proscribed in the emoluments clause and recent presidents have placed their assets out of reach in blind trusts while in office and they cannot commit criminal activity to enrich themselfs (Agnew and Harding come to mind). But they can enrich themselves and most since Truman have...
Interestingly, the justices of the Supreme Court can receive gifts of any value or amount, unless the gift is associated with a case that they are actively engaged with. Before or after the case is fine, but not during the case.
It is illegal to lie to Congress and the FBI and to obstruct an ongoing investigation and to agree to lift sanctions on a foreign adversary for assistance on winning an election when it frees up the banks whose being under sanction prevented them from doing business with Trump in regard to the Moscow Trump hotel. And to ask for back channels of communication with these repersentatives of said foreign adversary, i.e. Kushner and Flynn are known to have sought this.

Nov 2018
Montana
It is illegal to lie to Congress and the FBI and to obstruct an ongoing investigation and to agree to lift sanctions on a foreign adversary for assistance on winning an election when it frees up the banks whose being under sanction prevented them from doing business with Trump in regard to the Moscow Trump hotel. And to ask for back channels of communication with these repersentatives of said foreign adversary, i.e. Kushner and Flynn are known to have sought this.
Illegality is a complex subject for the President. He probably cannot be indicted and even if indicted, he cannot be subject to the legal process because there is no one to order him served than his own Justice Department, which he controls. His indictment has to be through impeachment and Senate trial. He might be pursued after office for criminal activity, but he is in a unique position while in office. Time for popcorn and milk duds.

Jul 2018
Earth
The thing is that they are all agents for foreign governments. You would be hard-pressed to find anyone in Washington who isn't an agent for a foreign government.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Plus, there are at least some things Lying Trump did while president that may require a further look.

Trump reportedly sold $35 million worth of real estate last year
President Trump, who still maintains ownership of the Trump Organization while his sons run the day-to-day operations, sold an estimated $35 million worth of real estate in 2018, Forbes' Dan Alexander reports.

The big picture: Trump chose not to transfer assets to a blind trust when he took office, a decision that has prompted emoluments lawsuits over allegations that he has benefited financially from the presidency. Alexander notes that a third of customers who purchased Trump condos in Las Vegas in 2018 did so through an LLC, allowing them to shield their true identities. USA Today has reported that the number of Trump customers that used LLCs grew from 4% in June 2016 to 80% in June 2017, after he assumed the presidency.
Trump reportedly sold $35 million worth of real estate last year

Nov 2018
Montana
RNG forgot the most important part of that investigation, THEY FOUND NOTHING.
Conservatives so often want to create a fictional version of reality. Why?
I hear this claim that there was no collusion, conspiracy or wrong-doing on Hate Radio almost daily.....and yet we have no final Mueller investigation.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Fine with me. Personally, I think Trump is too fucking stupid to commit treason. Yes, he's a greedy bastard who wants to make money and, IMO, most likely saw an opportunity to cut a deal with the Russians if Obama's Ukranian sanctions were lifted. That doesn't mean he did anything treasonous or illegal, but it certainly gives Putin incentive to help Trump and attack Hillary. There is no need for collusion between Trump and Putin for that scenario to exist.

I do think people in the Trump campaign engaged in illegal activities with the Russians. Maybe Trump is legally involved, maybe he isn't. I do think that members of his family are legally involved and could face jail time for their actions.

But Trump's stupidity is part of the problem AND he convinces himself that he's done nothing wrong. IF Trump committed treason, he would be too stupid to even realize it and if he did realize it he would dismiss it.