Feasibility of Anarchism

Nov 2017
The only way I can see anarchism being feasible is when we do away with capitalism. Until then, we're not going to be able to have anarchism.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
A successful anarchist society, like communism, would require moral people who respected each other's boundaries. Greed could have no place in it, nor jealousy, nor envy, nor sloth, basically a "sin-free" population.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2017
Anarchism isn't feasible at all. It's a utopian.
I would agree to the extent that anarchism has never been feasible, but we can't predict the future. What tells us that its feasibility can't be changed?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I would agree to the extent that anarchism has never been feasible, but we can't predict the future. What tells us that its feasibility can't be changed?
It would require people to change into the sin-free population that IT describes.

I'm skeptical of that ever happening.

Nov 2017
A successful anarchist society, like communism, would require moral people who respected each other's boundaries. Greed could have no place in it, nor jealousy, nor envy, nor sloth, basically a "sin-free" population.
I suppose what you're saying is that if everyone were perfectly disciplined & well behaved we could have a successful society. It sounds like everyone would have to be like robots. Rather than relying on people to become or be like robots, what if we reached that technological point where we can have robotics, automation, and other implementations of advancements in technology to take care of all our needs?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
The only way I can see anarchism being feasible is when we do away with capitalism. Until then, we're not going to be able to have anarchism.
Capitalism is just the exchange of goods and/or services between two or more willing parties. I do not really see how any society can exist w/o that.

Reactions: 2 people
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Human nature itself would have to change. That does not seem likely in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 1 person