Fellow Liberatarians, Take Heart! This Could Be Our Chance!

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Actually, it should be how all the threads in the Libertarian section are treated. I do not see Ibertarians going into the Left-Wing sections and derailing or insulting them. That is aggression.

Feb 2020
Houston
Actually, it should be how all the threads in the Libertarian section are treated. I do not see Ibertarians going into the Left-Wing sections and derailing or insulting them. That is aggression.
Ok, I'm game for making it the whole libertarian section.

But, we have to be careful. The statists will try every trick in the book to get us to respond to them.

I look for a moderator to come on and say, "Now that's more like it. Just ignore posts that bother you."

Ignore that also, it's a trick.

But if one of us has a slip-up, let there be no public mention of it. A respectful PM reminder will do.

Especially since "private messages are private." :rolleyes:

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
There is no libertarian answer I can think of which would be viable for the American voters. . . <snip>
Agreed.

Does there even NEED to be a libertarian answer?

Presumably, knowledgeable voters would realize that COVID-19 transcends politics. There is no republican answer, there is no democrat answer, and there is no libertarian answer to this pandemic.

Reactions: intangible child
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Agreed.

Does there even NEED to be a libertarian answer?

Presumably, knowledgeable voters would realize that COVID-19 transcends politics. There is no republican answer, there is no democrat answer, and there is no libertarian answer to this pandemic.
There is an answer, time. How long does it take you to get past a cold? It will be over soon

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
There is an answer, time. How long does it take you to get past a cold? It will be over soon
Hopefully, yes.

My fear is the long-term impact the business shut-downs will have on the economy. Let's say the COVID19 infection rate begins to wane in a couple weeks, and lock-downs and curfews are lifted.

How long do you think will it take for the economy to recover?

Reactions: intangible child
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I don't know, Chief but I know people like you and I are prepared. When everyone is on their knees, the ones who destroyed the economy will come as the savior and promise personal and economical safety for all, only if we give them permission to replace our outdated constitution with their new one. And that we have nothing to worry about since they are only updating and erasing just a few lines.

Feb 2020
Houston
Hopefully, yes.

My fear is the long-term impact the business shut-downs will have on the economy. Let's say the COVID19 infection rate begins to wane in a couple weeks, and lock-downs and curfews are lifted.

I don't know if they will let the power grab justified by the virus panic end just because the danger of the virus ends.

They can keep the fear of COVID going for an indefinite time. Or if it does become completely implausible to keep the panic going over COVID, they can come up with another reason and keep spending and controlling.

My Gawd, even I would not have thought Americans would be this gullible.

When has the govenment ever seized power and then given it back later?

The fact that they seized it so suddenly and so deliberation free, does not mean they will have to give it back suddenly. They can say we're not ready, social conditions are not right, they want to avoid violence, more debate is needed, blah, blah, blah.

You know. Same excuses southern democrats like Joe Biden used when they wanted to avoid integrating their schools.

Reactions: SkyChief
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Hopefully, yes.

I don't know, Chief but I know people like you and I are prepared. When everyone is on their knees, the ones who destroyed the economy will come as the savior and promise personal and economical safety for all, only if we give them permission to replace our outdated constitution with their new one. And that we have nothing to worry about since they are only updating and erasing just a few lines.
I told you, Chief. They are starting the savior stuff right now:

As politicians and parliaments struggle with the economic catastrophe brought on by the coronavirus pandemic, central banks have reached for the playbook of the 2008 global financial crisis. They are pumping liquidity into the banking system and trying to prop up key asset markets with large-scale purchases. This is helping to staunch the panic, but the shock is a global one — and it needs a global response.

The cure to cornona is printing more fiat money.

Reactions: SkyChief
Feb 2020
Kalifornia
Yep. And in the NYT article you linked, there's the question:

"But is the Fed fighting the last war?"

You mean with ZERO % interest rates? The easy answer is yes. The Fed is tapped out.

They will try to print their way out of a crisis. They will learn the same hard lesson that Zimbabwe and Venezuela learned about dumping trillions of dollars of make-believe money into an economy. The end result is always hyperinflation/collapse.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Your advice to bury the gold will be invaluable. I realize that burying it on government property (right under their noses) is the only safe place to hide it. How can you get to it after they seize your home and safety deposit box?