Fire DEA Head Chuck Rosenberg for Calling Medical Marijuana a "Joke"

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Chuck Rosenberg, acting head of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), just made highly offensive comments calling medical marijuana a "joke."
While it's nothing new for drug war bureaucrats to oppose sensible marijuana policies, Rosenberg's comments go way too far.
Medical marijuana is not a "joke" to the millions of seriously ill patients in a growing number of states who use it legally in accordance with doctors' recommendations.
It is not a "joke" to the growing number of prominent medical organizations -- American Nurses Association, American College of Physicians, American Academy of Family Physicians, for example -- who know that cannabis has real and proven medical benefits.
And it's not a "joke" to the clear majority of U.S voters who support passing laws to protect medical marijuana patients from harassment by police and the DEA.
President Obama should fire Chuck Rosenberg and appoint a new DEA administrator who will respect science, medicine, patients and voters.

sign in link
https://www.change.org/p/obama-fire...age&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-custom_msg

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Ohio recently used legislative action that makes medical marijuana legal in Ohio. However, you can't buy primo buds to smoke and only buy a spray inhaler that has THC in it. That sucks but is a step in the right direction.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Their utter denial of reality classifies cannabis as a Schedule 1 drug.

Former NFL Players Dump Painkillers for Cannabis
Researchers observe former NFL players reap the benefits of cannabis oil instead of opioids.

A growing and passionate army of NFL and former NFL players are starting to speak out about the efficacy of marijuana as an alternative to potentially deadly league approved painkillers. 30 former NFL players are currently participating in a study on cannabis oil as an opioid alternative.

The 30 former players in California were selected last summer for the eight-week study. Players in the study started out with cannabis oil doses the size of a rice grain and worked their way up, increasing the dosage about every four days.

Funded by Constance Therapeutics and the Gridiron Cannabis Coalition, the study has researchers are looking at whole plant cannabis oil as an alternative. The cannabis oil was manufactured in the Bay area.

Kyle Turley's prognosis is grim- he was told to be ready for more or less a lifetime of pain. “I need a new right hip, I need two right knees. I have got a plate and ten screws in my right ankle. I am bone-on-bone in every joint,“ Turley told CBS. “I have tried nearly every one of Big Pharma’s medications to deal with nearly every injury and ailment that you could possibly think of and none of them have reached the mark that cannabis has reached with me.” NFL stars like Turley could benefit from the outcome of the study.

With help from studies like this, cannabis could help take out drugs frequently abused in the NFL such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, fentanyl and more.​

More: https://www.merryjane.com/health/fomer-nfl-players-dump-painkillers-cannabis

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Their utter denial of reality classifies cannabis as a Schedule 1 drug.

Former NFL Players Dump Painkillers for Cannabis
Researchers observe former NFL players reap the benefits of cannabis oil instead of opioids.

A growing and passionate army of NFL and former NFL players are starting to speak out about the efficacy of marijuana as an alternative to potentially deadly league approved painkillers. 30 former NFL players are currently participating in a study on cannabis oil as an opioid alternative.

The 30 former players in California were selected last summer for the eight-week study. Players in the study started out with cannabis oil doses the size of a rice grain and worked their way up, increasing the dosage about every four days.

Funded by Constance Therapeutics and the Gridiron Cannabis Coalition, the study has researchers are looking at whole plant cannabis oil as an alternative. The cannabis oil was manufactured in the Bay area.

Kyle Turley's prognosis is grim- he was told to be ready for more or less a lifetime of pain. “I need a new right hip, I need two right knees. I have got a plate and ten screws in my right ankle. I am bone-on-bone in every joint,“ Turley told CBS. “I have tried nearly every one of Big Pharma’s medications to deal with nearly every injury and ailment that you could possibly think of and none of them have reached the mark that cannabis has reached with me.” NFL stars like Turley could benefit from the outcome of the study.

With help from studies like this, cannabis could help take out drugs frequently abused in the NFL such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, fentanyl and more.​

More: https://www.merryjane.com/health/fomer-nfl-players-dump-painkillers-cannabis
I lived and worked in Denver 97-98 before pot was legalized. Aurora could be called a suburb of Denver but was actually an extension. Aurora was run by gangs who made their money off pot and had a lot of crime. I read that Aurora is a peaceful city today.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I lived and worked in Denver 97-98 before pot was legalized. Aurora could be called a suburb of Denver but was actually an extension. Aurora was run by gangs who made their money off pot and had a lot of crime. I read that Aurora is a peaceful city today.
I wish the rest of the country would take Colorado's lead. Since legalizing the pot state revenues are up and crime is down across the board. Denver has seen a 53% drop in homicides (not that they were that bad to start with) 30% less automobile break ins, and drops in almost every category of crime. They also have mandatory sex ed and offer free birth control. Unwanted pregnancies are down 50% and abortions are down 40%. I've interviewed for a new job, I kinda hope Colorado is on the option list :)

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I'll do you one better.

Abolish the DEA.

It's as close to the SS, as anything i've seen in my life time.

It is un American, and un Constitutional.

A conservative invention, among others, that has worked to undermine the very fabric of our society.
I believe I posted a petition to defund the DEA last week