First Democratic Debate Schedule 2019

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Just in case you haven't seen it and want to know who's going to go neck and neck ... I'm sure hoping the 'winners' will have the opportunity to go up with the 'other night's winners - as some of the front runners are in both evenings.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.39.38 PM.png

Apr 2013
La La Land North
I really feel for the DNC this year. After the stupid, self-inflicted wound of screwing Bernie last year, they are walking on eggshells. They would love to arbitrarily winnow the field this year but can't risk another outcry so are stuck with an unwieldy number of candidates. Having all on one debate would be a sad gong show so given all the constraints, this is a not bad compromise. Or at least I can't think of a better way.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I really feel for the DNC this year. After the stupid, self-inflicted wound of screwing Bernie last year, they are walking on eggshells. They would love to arbitrarily winnow the field this year but can't risk another outcry so are stuck with an unwieldy number of candidates. Having all on one debate would be a sad gong show so given all the constraints, this is a not bad compromise. Or at least I can't think of a better way.
There is a process, nobody gets "screwed", there is only one winner, and it's usually the organization that masters the process.
For example in the Obama vs Hillary primary, Hillary won the Texas Primary with big numbers. But Texas also has caucuses, and while Team Hillary focused on the Primary, Team Obama focused on the caucuses, and what should have been a huge gain for Hillary turned into a nothingburger as Obama picked up nearly as manny delegates from the caucuses as Hillary got from the primary.
No one got screwed, although someone got schooled.

Pretty soon after the debates, people will start to drop out, at this stage it's all about funding, people vote with checks.

My feeling is that the nominee will not be Biden, I think we have enough of the "populist sentiment" left to knock off the establishment favorite.

I have seen Liz Warren work a crowd, I went to her first political event, when she launched her Senate campaign at the Hawthorn Hotel in Salem, against an incumbent who had the highest favorables ever recorded in Massachusetts, she trounced him, we met a couple there who had been married over 60 years, that was the first political event that they had ever attended. She brings people out of the woodwork, I would put her at 50-50 right now.
She is a force of nature. And that Pocahontas bullshit won't help Trump, its a clever one liner, but she actually is a policy genius.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
She is a force of nature. And that Pocahontas bullshit won't help Trump, its a clever one liner, but she actually is a policy genius.
OMFG

The women has horrible "curb appeal" and she made a fool of herself with the stupid Indian stuff.

Trump would trounce her.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
OMFG

The women has horrible "curb appeal" and she made a fool of herself with the stupid Indian stuff.

Trump would trounce her.
I don't buy that, and her poll numbers keep climbing, because she's actually a great retail politician.
She's a Harvard Professor, which means she is fucking brilliant.
And she has policies, more policies than the rest of the field combined.
She doesn't hedge, she doesn't pander, she comes out with exactly what she proposes to do, including how she'd pay for it.
She actually is the real deal.
That doesn't appeal to everybody, but it does appeal to more people than you might imagine.

And don't forget, in June 2015, Trump didn't have a snowballs chance in hell....

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I don't buy that, and her poll numbers keep climbing, because she's actually a great retail politician.
She's a Harvard Professor, which means she is fucking brilliant.
And she has policies, more policies than the rest of the field combined.
She doesn't hedge, she doesn't pander, she comes out with exactly what she proposes to do, including how she'd pay for it.
She actually is the real deal.
That doesn't appeal to everybody, but it does appeal to more people than you might imagine.

And don't forget, in June 2015, Trump didn't have a snowballs chance in hell....
People vote on emotion based on perception.

She is a train wreck.

peace

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
A clown car... how perfect.

The left is attempting to mimic what happened w/ the republicans in 2016. My guess is they are going to try and push a "populist" candidate thru and make it appear organic. Unfortunately the leftists have already forgotten how the DNC screwed the peoples candidate just a few short years ago, blinded by the propaganda that was put out to cover the event.