Five Police Dead in Dallas

KnightOfSappho

Forum Staff
Feb 2007
New York
You didn't say everybody but you jumped on the PTSD band wagon to use as a possible excuse for one's bad behavior. You also made the comment that the military would try to hide it or not treat it (something like that) which is also not true. The facts is, there are so many Vets trying to claim PTSD that the VA system is bogged down.
You are being no different than those who used it to discriminate against Vets when they came back from Nam.
Let's not get started with the VA. There is definitely a history there are not handling problems and trying to cover up the fact that they did not handle problems. That's a whole other conversation and a really long thread.

The reality is that we do not know if we have a vet that had PTSD. We do not know if that was a veteran that had a pre-existing emotional problem that was aggravated by being in Afghanistan. At no point did I say that his behavior should be excused, I just said that I wonder if this is part of the problem.

You are making a bigger deal out of this than what it is. It was simply an idle wondering. When someone has served overseas in a war theater, whether they were on the front line or not, that should come into the equation on what happened with that person.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
May 2016
Anywhereiam, USA
It seems very easy to charge a dead man with a crime if that dead man is white? What.....the....fuck? Did you not read what I posted? You EVER see a dead man charged with a crime? You want a dean man called the names YOU want him called?
You people are a petty as you are foolish and silly.
The white right will defend their own whether right or wrong and they are mostly wrong. Some of the black and brown people who were murdered by cops were bad guys and not worth much to society but they didn't deserve the death penality imposed by racists pig cops, and the cops were not in fear for their life to justify deadly force.
The last two murders, the one in Baton Rouge and the one in St. Paul were totally not justified and the one of the 12 year old Tamir Rice in Ohio was nothing but pure murder.
If the people who are now cops are so afraid they have to use their guns in every situation they shouldn't be cops.
You were in the Marines, you know that in the week ( in the Army it was a week) of hand to hand combat and self defense training you could have taken down either of the last two of the murdered black guys without using deadly force. In the case of Tamir Rice, no excuse can be given for murdering that kid.
There were a couple cases of murder by cop here in Phoenix that were especially bad, one was a kid who was out of control, the parents called the cops to come to the house just to scare him with the thought of going to jail and the cops shot him twelve times using the excuse that the kid threatened them with his bicycle. There was another case where the cops murdered a Marine who had just returned from Iraq, they shot him 21 times then found out he was not the guy they were looking for.
The cops today are a bunch of poorly trained whimps who shouldn't be allowed close to a rubber dart gun let alone a real gun. If they would have just received the minimum amount of self defense training the Army gets in basic training, none of these guys would be dead now.

May 2016
Anywhereiam, USA
Let's not get started with the VA. There is definitely a history there are not handling problems and trying to cover up the fact that they did not handle problems. That's a whole other conversation and a really long thread.

The reality is that we do not know if we have a vet that had PTSD. We do not know if that was a veteran that had a pre-existing emotional problem that was aggravated by being in Afghanistan. At no point did I say that his behavior should be excused, I just said that I wonder if this is part of the problem.

You are making a bigger deal out of this than what it is. It was simply an idle wondering. When someone has served overseas in a war theater, whether they were on the front line or not, that should come into the equation on what happened with that person.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
The VA has some problems but considering the size and the patient load, they are doing a damn good job.

Reactions: 1 person