Flash Player update

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
A bogus Flash Player update just downloaded itself to my desktop. Fortunately, to get screwed by it, I would have had to open the disc image.

I've gotten three of these in the last few days. Anybody else seeing any? Has anyone opened the update? I hope not.

Dec 2015
Arizona
A bogus Flash Player update just downloaded itself to my desktop. Fortunately, to get screwed by it, I would have had to open the disc image.

I've gotten three of these in the last few days. Anybody else seeing any? Has anyone opened the update? I hope not.

YES--I got one! Ignored.

Apr 2013
Left coast
When I first got Windows 10, it was incompatible with my Norton. So I talked to the IT guys I respect. Based on what they say, I just use the security system built into Windows 10 and haven't had a single problem.

I've never seen it.

I used to also sweep my computer with a malware detection software periodically but since Windows 10 it hasn't found anything.

And believe me, it hurts to say anything good about Microsoft, other than their superb marketing skills.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK

Thru mac?

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Yes, it tells me I need to upgrade, asks me if I want to download the update, then the update downloads. I have a disc image on the desktop. I can close the window. I can delete the image. A virus/malware scan says none are present. It was just an annoyance.

More or less, this is the page:

I did a search using the web address and yes it's a scam.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I'm on iMac - I haven't had that yet. Maybe Webroot keeps it from showing up? Or perhaps MacKeeper "quarantines" it.