Flynn Sentensing Postponed for MORE Cooperation

Apr 2014
redacted
ROFL

Most entertaining administration evah!!! Much funnier than Hillary would have been.

""Arguably you sold your country out," U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan told Flynn in a tongue-lashing that raised the prospect that the judge could send the retired Army lieutenant general to prison, even though prosecutors have recommended against prison time, citing his cooperation in the Russia probe.

Sullivan told Flynn "I can't hide my disgust, my disdain" at the crime.

After a prosecutor raised the prospect of Flynn's continued cooperation with other investigations in the future, Sullivan warned Flynn that he might not get the full credit for his assistance to the government if he were sentenced as scheduled on Tuesday. Typically, judges like to sentence cooperating defendants after their cooperation is done so they can fully evaluate the help they gave to the government."

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
ROFL

Most entertaining administration evah!!! Much funnier than Hillary would have been.

""Arguably you sold your country out," U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan told Flynn in a tongue-lashing that raised the prospect that the judge could send the retired Army lieutenant general to prison, even though prosecutors have recommended against prison time, citing his cooperation in the Russia probe.

Sullivan told Flynn "I can't hide my disgust, my disdain" at the crime.

After a prosecutor raised the prospect of Flynn's continued cooperation with other investigations in the future, Sullivan warned Flynn that he might not get the full credit for his assistance to the government if he were sentenced as scheduled on Tuesday. Typically, judges like to sentence cooperating defendants after their cooperation is done so they can fully evaluate the help they gave to the government."
LOL while I don't think it's a good thing, there's no question the administration is more entertaining than the previous.

Apr 2014
redacted
LOL while I don't think it's a good thing, there's no question the administration is more entertaining than the previous.
Yes. Add to this, despite all the naysayers whining about how the world and/or the US is going to Hell in a handbasket, the fact remains when we're more worried about Trump's follies than WWIII, which is exactly what my childhood was all about, then the good people of Earth are doing okay. Still lots of things to work out, but we're moving forward.

Apr 2014
redacted
Add to this that I'm truly ashamed of what Flynn did. He's dishonored himself, his military service and every soldier who shares his uniform. OTOH, but fully cooperating with authorities, he's on a path of redemption. Although I hope he doesn't go to prison, he should certainly do a year or two with an ankle bracelet just to remind him of what he's done.

Reactions: UDub
Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Yes. Add to this, despite all the naysayers whining about how the world and/or the US is going to Hell in a handbasket, the fact remains when we're more worried about Trump's follies than WWIII, which is exactly what my childhood was all about, then the good people of Earth are doing okay. Still lots of things to work out, but we're moving forward.
The world is getting better, but everyone thinks it's getting worse. Looking back at the history of time, there has honestly never been a better time to be alive. Global mortality rates at an all time low, poverty, starvation rates, life expectancy, etc. Yes there are parts of the world that are in sever need of help, but on a global scale there really has never been a better time to be alive.

And the best part is, tomorrow is probably going to be even better than today.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The reporters I follow on twitter are of two minds. One group thinks the judge put it off because it would encourage Flynn to be even more cooperative with Mueller's investigation and the other thinks it's the judge's way of getting the prosecution to ask for a harsher sentence.

I guess the judge was pretty pissed at Flynn.

Apr 2014
redacted
The world is getting better, but everyone thinks it's getting worse. Looking back at the history of time, there has honestly never been a better time to be alive. Global mortality rates at an all time low, poverty, starvation rates, life expectancy, etc. Yes there are parts of the world that are in sever need of help, but on a global scale there really has never been a better time to be alive.

And the best part is, tomorrow is probably going to be even better than today.
Agreed 100%. Well said.

Apr 2014
redacted
The reporters I follow on twitter are of two minds. One group thinks the judge put it off because it would encourage Flynn to be even more cooperative with Mueller's investigation and the other thinks it's the judge's way of getting the prosecution to ask for a harsher sentence.

The article seemed to indicate the judge was giving Flynn a chance to cooperate more before sentencing since he, the judge, seemed to be leaning towards a prison sentence at this time.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

Based on what I'm reading, both the prosecution and defense are probably not happy about this. The prosecution is essentially at the point where they don't want/need any more cooperation from Flynn. He's been, by a mile, their best witness. For the defense, they got their client a plea agreement a deal that would in all likelihood get no jail time.

Now this judge is throwing it all for a loop. IDK