Fool me

Feb 2019
here and there
Except that Trump doesn’t just lie about “inane things”. He lies about EVERYTHING. Big things, small things, stupid things, things that even a sixth grader knows is a lie, important things, trivial things.

Keep your doctor, keep your plan was not a lie. It was the intent of the ACA and until the Republicans started gutting it it might have worked. But this all goes back to my thread about having a RWer tell us how the ACA was supposed to work. So far no takers.
Don't look now, now you are a liar

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Blaming the GOP for the failure of Obamacare is unacceptable.

What, they did not realize that the GOP was a part of government, or did they just assume none would ever get elected again?

Maybe they should included the GOP in the agreement so that it would last?

Na, now I'm just talking crazy.

All that can be known is, the ink is not even dry and people like you are clamoring for a newer and better health care?

Let me guess, when if fails it will be the fault of the GOP again.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Except that Trump doesn’t just lie about “inane things”. He lies about EVERYTHING. Big things, small things, stupid things, things that even a sixth grader knows is a lie, important things, trivial things.

Keep your doctor, keep your plan was not a lie. It was the intent of the ACA and until the Republicans started gutting it it might have worked. But this all goes back to my thread about having a RWer tell us how the ACA was supposed to work. So far no takers.
Keep your plan, keep your doctor was true, if you kept your job, if your employer kept the plan, and if your doctor continued to accept your plan.
That's how it worked before, that's how it works now.

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2019
here and there
Keep your plan, keep your doctor was true, if you kept your job, if your employer kept the plan, and if your doctor continued to accept your plan.
That's how it worked before, that's how it works now.
Obama said this to everyone.

He made no exceptions and certainly did not ask people their situation to find out if they would

In short, he is a liar like you are.

And these are the same sort of people we are going to trust again?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Don't look now, now you are a liar

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Blaming the GOP for the failure of Obamacare is unacceptable.

What, they did not realize that the GOP was a part of government, or did they just assume none would ever get elected again?

Maybe they should included the GOP in the agreement so that it would last?

Na, now I'm just talking crazy.

All that can be known is, the ink is not even dry and people like you are clamoring for a newer and better health care?

Let me guess, when if fails it will be the fault of the GOP again.
ObamaCare is a success, calling it a failure is a LIE.
ObamaCare was the GOP Health Care proposal, but they opposed everything Obama did, so they are now against their own plan, which is why they don't have a plan, the plan that meets all their criteria is ObamaCare, and they have to oppose that, because "Hello, Obama did it".
ObamaCare was never the end game, it's an improvement over what we had, but it's not as good as Medicare for all, which is the next step.
And that's not the end game either.
That's what the nature of health care will force to happen.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Obama said this to everyone.

He made no exceptions and certainly did not ask people their situation to find out if they would

In short, he is a liar like you are.

And these are the same sort of people we are going to trust again?
I understood what he meant when he said it.
What did you think he meant?

Feb 2019
here and there
ObamaCare is a success, calling it a failure is a LIE.
ObamaCare was the GOP Health Care proposal, but they opposed everything Obama did, so they are now against their own plan, which is why they don't have a plan, the plan that meets all their criteria is ObamaCare, and they have to oppose that, because "Hello, Obama did it".
ObamaCare was never the end game, it's an improvement over what we had, but it's not as good as Medicare for all, which is the next step.
And that's not the end game either.
That's what the nature of health care will force to happen.
What you meant to say that Obamacare was never the goal, socialized medicine was.

So we got sold another lie.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What you meant to say that Obamacare was never the goal, socialized medicine was.

So we got sold another lie.

Thanks for pointing that out.
You would have to understand the unique characteristics of health care.
The better it works, the more it costs.
Nothing else works like that.
The better paint lasts longer, costs less.
The better car, lasts longer, doesn't break down, it costs less.
If you get sick, and die, health care is cheap.
But if you have good health care, you get well, and live to have another disease, and that gets cured, and you come back for more health care.

So you need to streamline the delivery costs to keep it where a society can afford health care.
So if every buys insurance, everyone contributes, the cost is lower, and we pay less now than we would have without ObamaCare.
But Medicare saves a lot of money, by eliminating the overhead of insurance companies.
It's the next step to keep costs down.