For the fools who assert that "abortion is legal", or a "fetus is not a person", as if this is saying anything

Oct 2019
USA
I've seen some fools merely state that "abortion is legal", or "a fetus is not a person" - as though this is somehow "making an argument".

In reality, it's a very silly assertion, given that the arguments are whether or not abortion "should be legal" to begin with, or whether a fetus should or shouldn't be recognized as a person to begin with, or whether or not we should change or amend the law and our current definitions of such.

I just felt the need to address this stupidity here, because I see it all too often.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I've seen some fools merely state that "abortion is legal", or "a fetus is not a person" - as though this is somehow "making an argument".

In reality, it's a very silly assertion, given that the arguments are whether or not abortion "should be legal" to begin with, or whether a fetus should or shouldn't be recognized as a person to begin with, or whether or not we should change or amend the law and our current definitions of such.

I just felt the need to address this stupidity here, because I see it all too often.
First off, you made no argument and didn't address anything other than calling something silly.

You religious people are the ones who make silly arguments. And as usual, you offer absolutely no argument and call other people stupid. Yet every dumb thread of yours you get your ass handed to you, but we are all stupid LOL

A fetus is not a person. AN embryo is not a person, its a potential person. And the very same people who go on and on about abortion, the religious people, tend to treat other human beings like shit. You know, those that are actually living, breathing, thinking, feeling. So excuse this phony outrage we see from relgious people about abortion when they treat people like shit once they are born.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Isn’t it funny how the people that want to keep “children in the womb” are usually the same ones that have no problems putting “children in cages”

Reactions: PMB
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Isn’t it funny how the people that want to keep “children in the womb” are usually the same ones that have no problems putting “children in cages”
Or whining how their taxes shouldn't got to feed starving kids or people, or help the homeless, or to welfare, but OK< with spending Trillions murdering innocent men, women and children across the world.

Reactions: PMB

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
It is a hard fact that abortion is legal. The ultimate arbiter, The SC has ruled it so. As to whether a fetus is a person or not, it becomes irrelevant in this situation. Given the SC's decision, it becomes moot from a legal perspective.

But take joy in the fact that neither you nor your kin will be forced to have an abortion.

Last edited:

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
It is a hard fact that abortion is legal. The ultimate arbiter, The SC has ruled it so. As to whether a fetus is a person or not, it becomes irrelevant in this situation. Given the SC's decision, it becomes moot from a legal perspective.

But take joy in the fact that neither you nor your kin will not be forced to have an abortion.
And that’s the bottom line. When abortions are mandated, I will oppose them.

Oct 2019
USA
A fetus is not a person. AN embryo is not a person, its a potential person.
That definition can easily be changed, of course - that's the point - on what axioms are those definitions based?

And the very same people who go on and on about abortion, the religious people, tend to treat other human beings like shit. You know, those that are actually living, breathing, thinking, feeling. So excuse this phony outrage we see from relgious people about abortion when they treat people like shit once they are born.
I'd venture it's understandable for people to be inclined to treat adults more harshly than children, who are perceived as innocent.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.

You most certainly "Addressed" stupidity.....your own.

Abortion is clearly legal and a ZEF is a Fetus, Embryo or Fetus.

There is a reason we humans created language and words, by doing so we are able to properly and convincingly define what we say.

Oct 2019
USA
The argument is whether or not it should be legal to begin with, so no moots given - likewise, there are plenty of other potential strategies for handling the abortion delimma, including ones which don't require bothering with the Supreme Court to begin with.

Oct 2019
USA
You most certainly "Addressed" stupidity.....your own.

Abortion is clearly legal and a ZEF is a Fetus, Embryo or Fetus.
The beauty is that those definitions can easily be changed, on the basis of various objective or subjective factors - much as they were established to begin on the basis of something or another - not simply "out of thin air"... for no reason.

There is a reason we humans created language and words, by doing so we are able to properly and convincingly define what we say.
The use of the words have no bearing, on what the objective reality being defined as such is - they're merely a means of labeling it on the basis of something or another, often to the exclusion of other things.

If I label an "apple, an apple", for example - I did not literally count every molecule which the apple is theoretically made up of, I merely labeled it as such on the basis of some similarity or some difference from something else.