Forbes: 10 Journalism Brands Where You Can Find Facts, Not Alternative Facts

Apr 2016
Florida
This is impressive considering the conservative bent of Forbes.

FYI: When I source claims made by posters, I like to find the information from these sites. Then I normally head over to Media Bias/Fact Check and post a screenshot of their investigation of the more scurrious sites, left and right. So be careful who you use as a source, Daily Wire guys and gals! If you source from the sites below, you should be safe from my ire. :)

10 Journalism Brands Where You Find Real Facts Rather Than Alternative Facts

Where do we most often find real truth, real facts in a new era of Internet hoaxes, fake news stories and new political administrations that tout their own "alternative facts"?

Many citizens appear confused and worried. News stories from the BBC and the New York Times and Money magazine are reporting (with proof) that dystopian novels such as 1984 by George Orwell and Brave New World by Aldous Huxley are seeing a noticeable boost in sales. After Meryl Streep's anti-Trump and pro-journalism speech at the Golden Globe awards in January, donations picked up to the Committee to Protect Journalists. Subscriptions to the New York Times and other newspapers have picked up dramatically since Donald Trump was elected president according to the Columbia Journalism Review and other sources.

Meanwhile, I've been hearing from several well-educated friends, who are wondering if their own reading habits are leading them toward facts or fiction. "Hey man. Got a question for you on this 'fake news' thing," wrote one friend from my high school years. "What's your advice and do you have an opinion on where to find some form of truth in our media today?"

1. The New York Times

2. The Wall Street Journal

3. The Washington Post

4. BBC

5. The Economist

6. The New Yorker

7. Wire Services: The Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News

You
8. Foreign Affairs

9. The Atlantic

10. Politico

Runners Up:

- National Public Radio

- TIME magazine

-The Christian Science Monitor

- The Los Angeles Times (and many other regional, metropolitan daily newspapers)

- USA Today

- CNN

- NBC News

- CBS News

- ABC News

Business News Sources:

- FORBES magazine

- Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine

- Fortune magazine

- The Financial Times newspaper

Sources of reporting and opinion from the right of the political spectrum:

- National Review

- The Weekly Standard

Sources of reporting and opinion from the left of the political spectrum:

- The New Republic

- The Nation

Mar 2019
Texas
I do not find it very wise to rely on any single source for truth or non biased. I find it is best to check multiple sources and get different views on a topic because every single outlet has their own spin on issues from time to time.

Sure overall some are better than others but they all have bias.

Apr 2016
Florida
I do not find it very wise to rely on any single source for truth or non biased. I find it is best to check multiple sources and get different views on a topic because every single outlet has their own spin on issues from time to time.

Bias is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are some on this forum who believe the above named sites are extremist, one way or another.

The best way to tell? When they screw up, they admit it.

Mar 2019
Texas
Bias is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are some on this forum who believe the above named sites are extremist, one way or another.

The best way to tell? When they screw up, they admit it.
Dayzzzzzzzzzzz later.

It takes a variety of sources to get to the bottom of issues in real time.

I noticed FOX did not make your list.:p

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
My favorite on there is WaPo and BBC. Bbc is seriously a government organization and WaPo is the mouthpiece of one of the worlds wealthiest humans

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Are you aware who published the list?
Don't care. Unlike you i am not a slave to titles. This is a common problem w/ many people today... especially boomers. You have been trained to obey authority to a fault and you see these publications as authorities on the "facts". Now, since the legacy media is crumbling you are clawing for anything to help validate this world view.

The fact of the matter is that they all are a majority shit w/ a little bit of actual reporting and truth sprinkled in on occasion.

Nov 2018
Inner Space

Strange comment given the clear bias of DED and Sabcat (liked the post).
Of course, most people think they are more enlightened and balanced in their opinions than they really are (concept of Naive Realism)
Are We as Objective as We Think?

Naïve realism (psychology) - Wikipedia

Oct 2010
Colorado
Don't care. Unlike you i am not a slave to titles. This is a common problem w/ many people today... especially boomers. You have been trained to obey authority to a fault and you see these publications as authorities on the "facts". Now, since the legacy media is crumbling you are clawing for anything to help validate this world view.

The fact of the matter is that they all are a majority shit w/ a little bit of actual reporting and truth sprinkled in on occasion.
You aren't a slave to title, and yet in the same paragraph you use "boomers" and "legacy media."

You're a riot SC.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
You aren't a slave to title, and yet in the same paragraph you use "boomers" and "legacy media."

You're a riot SC.
I know, right.

British & World English title

Definition of title in English:
title

NOUN
  • 1The name of a book, composition, or other artistic work.
    ‘the author and title of the book’

More example sentences
    Synonyms
    1. 1.1 A caption or credit in a film or broadcast.
      ‘Rumbelows will get exclusive sponsorship with opening and closing titles’

More example sentences
      Synonyms
    2. 1.2 A book, magazine, or newspaper considered as a publication.
      ‘the company publishes 400 titles a year’

More example sentences
      Synonyms

• 2A name that describes someone's position or job.