Forced taxation

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Eminent Domain took my inheritance when I was 17 years old. Eminent Domain was used by the county I lived in to build a dam because Columbus, Ohio needed more water. My parents property was on Big Darby Creek and the other side of the creek was in a county run by the Amish. No dam was built thanks to the Amish and today Big Darby Creek is a State and National Historic River. I feel sad when I drive by the old place and see the trees I planted of which one was a Ginko Tree (dinosaur tree). Everyone thought it was a female Ginko tree but ended up a male Ginko Tree that rarely grow. My old ground is part of the Prairie Park System and they planted Ginko Trees that all turned out to be female. My lone male Ginko tree pollinates them for miles up and down the creek in the park system. Ginko trees produce nuts but don't eat them because they are poisonous.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Anyone remember Robin Hood the Good Guy that Robbed from the Rich to give to the poor.

Well, Robin Hood did NOT steal from the rich to give to the poor, HE STOLE BACK TAX MONEY that the Government collected and gave it back to the people, their wealth was not an issue.

Reactions: 2 people
Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Anyone remember Robin Hood the Good Guy that Robbed from the Rich to give to the poor.

Well, Robin Hood did NOT steal from the rich to give to the poor, HE STOLE BACK TAX MONEY that the Government collected and gave it back to the people, their wealth was not an issue.
To paraphrase Paul Harvey's broadcast in 1964, If I were the Devil I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until the incentive of ambition is laid to rest.

Reactions: 3 people