Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
The Trump wave has crested.

Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’
Fox News announced on Wednesday that it supports CNN’s efforts to restore Jim Acosta’s White House credential after the network filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration.
“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the president and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement.
...The White House Correspondents’ Association – of which Fox News is a member – issued a statement in support of CNN's decision to take legal action.​
“We continue to urge the administration to reverse course and fully reinstate CNN’s correspondent,” WHCA President Olivier Knox said. “The President of the United States should not be in the business of arbitrarily picking the men and women who cover him.”​

More: Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

Reactions: leekohler2
Dec 2015
Arizona
Well, GOOD FOR FOX, although they are a little late to dinner. Were they waiting to see if ANYONE else stepped up? Apparently so.....but glad they didn't miss the opportunity to support that pretty little thing called the First Amendment.

ABC News, NBC News, The New York Times, The Associated Press, Bloomberg, First Look Media, Politico, E.W. Scripps, USA Today and The Washington Post also expressed support for CNN. Like Fox News, they said they would file amicus briefs in support of a CNN-launched lawsuit that had been announced Tuesday.

CNN finally had enough and has nothing to lose and everything to gain by pursuing this lawsuit against the WH. Trump's "broad discretion" needs to be reigned in. AND I'm going to rail on the FOUNDERS once more.
The presidency is TOO powerful and I would say that about any president. Executive power should have better checks and balances. I realize that the Framers couldn't have known that someone so vile would be placed in this position of power, but now we know. The American people have done something exceedingly stupid. They placed their faith in a corrupt Shaman.

Reactions: leekohler2
Jul 2018
Earth
No one has the right to be admitted to a White House function. The reporter can be banned if they want to ban him. Personally if I was in charge and the court jumped in and claimed that he must be allowed to attend I would simply stop having those types of press conferences.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
The Trump wave has crested.

Fox News announced on Wednesday that it supports CNN’s efforts to restore Jim Acosta’s White House credential after the network filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration.
“Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the president and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement.
...The White House Correspondents’ Association – of which Fox News is a member – issued a statement in support of CNN's decision to take legal action.​
“We continue to urge the administration to reverse course and fully reinstate CNN’s correspondent,” WHCA President Olivier Knox said. “The President of the United States should not be in the business of arbitrarily picking the men and women who cover him.”​

More: Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’
Ruby is aluminum oxide and so is Sapphire. And the strongest molecule and just below diamond on the mho's scale of hardness.

A glassware company is giving guns for Christmas and the best I got was a fruit basket. However, there were man-made Ruby's in my fruit basket but don't chew on them.

Last edited:
May 2018
none
No one has the right to be admitted to a White House function. The reporter can be banned if they want to ban him. Personally if I was in charge and the court jumped in and claimed that he must be allowed to attend I would simply stop having those types of press conferences.
My god, you have it backwards. The president is elected and serves THE PEOPLE OF THE USA, not the other way around. He's not some dictator. Jim Acosta merely asked questions, and that is his JOB. We, the voters, depend on the press to keep our elected leaders in check and ask the tough questions. If Trump cannot handle responding to the press, then he needs to step down.

I would hope that if you were in charge, you could answer to the press and the people. This is the USA, not Russia.

Last edited:
Reactions: foundit66