Free food for all?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I met a man who made $75 per hour part time for Delta Airlines and drove a sports car in 1999 which was more than a living wage. I met a custodian who worked for Ford Motor and he made 100k per year full time in 1999. I met them in group therapy.
So you are saying The 6,500,000 people that got part time jobs got $75/hour jobs? only <6,000,000 got full time jobs out of the 12,000,000 created

Since the Welfare Rolls increased from 37,000,000 to 51,000,000 over 8 years of recovery, I really don't think that was the case.

If you are going to stand by your statement, I want some of what you are smoking it is some pretty good shit..

Last edited:
Oct 2010
Colorado
I read it, so what's your point?:wacko:
The decrease in "free food" has very little to do with Trump despite Breitbart's misleading headline.

Please read this:

Efforts by state lawmakers had also contributed to the decline in enrollment months before Trump took office, and the numbers show at the federal and state levels.

The number of people participating in the food stamp program declined by 4.9 percent from July 2016 to July 2017, and the amount of federal money the USDA spends on providing benefits to food stamp recipients also went down by five percent over the same period.

At the state level, food stamp enrollment is down in 42 out of 50 states, according to the USDA data showing the change in enrollment by state.

The nationwide decline can be attributed to efforts by individual states beginning in 2014, a year after the Obama administration made slight cuts to the food stamp program as House Republicans urged the administration to push for cuts to the program after enrollment swelled to record highs in 2013.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
So WHY DID THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON WELFARE CONTIUE TO INCREASE...
If the OBAMA recovery was so effective

if 12,000,000 MORE people got Jobs during the Obama years. WHY DIDN'T THE WELFARE ROLL DECREASE.. (Hint you cannot earn a living wage with part time employment.)

Obama Part time POTUS had a PART TIME recovery

Trump is creating FULL TIME JOB GROWTH.
Because ONCE AGAIN you're FUCKING LIAR !!!!!!!

According to the government stats in October of 2014 the number of people receiving TANF (temporary assistance to needy families) AKA welfare, was 3.28MILLION people.

By October of 2016 that number was down to 2.6 million.

THAT'S ALMOST 700,000 PEOPLE LESS taking welfare !!!

So here are the FACTS. More than NINE MILLION PEOPLE, or a average of THREE MILLION PEOPLE PER YEAR moved OFF the food stamp roles while Obama was president. So far this year ONLY 1.5 Million have moved off the roles. TRUMP IS SUCKNG HIND TIT.

Your assertion that welfare enrolment went up IS A TOTAL FUCKING LIE.

Aug 2019
USA
Because ONCE AGAIN you're FUCKING LIAR !!!!!!!

According to the government stats in October of 2014 the number of people receiving TANF (temporary assistance to needy families) AKA welfare, was 3.28MILLION people.

By October of 2016 that number was down to 2.6 million.

THAT'S ALMOST 700,000 PEOPLE LESS taking welfare !!!

So here are t(CNSNews.com) - Barack Obama was the first president of the United States to spend more on “means-tested entitlements”—AKA welfare—than on national defense, according to data published by his own Office of Management and Budget.he FACTS. More than NINE MILLION PEOPLE, or a average of THREE MILLION PEOPLE PER YEAR moved OFF the food stamp roles while Obama was president. So far this year ONLY 1.5 Million have moved off the roles. TRUMP IS SUCKNG HIND TIT.

Your assertion that welfare enrolment went up IS A TOTAL FUCKING LIE.
TANF Spending accounts for less than 10% of welfare spending, not a huge sum, proportionally.

When a TANF case is closed, the recipients are still on welfare, just different programs. They could end TANF next month, close every single case, there would be no fewer welfare recipients. That is how liberals lie.

"(CNSNews.com) - Barack Obama was the first president of the United States to spend more on “means-tested entitlements”—AKA welfare—than on national defense, according to data published by his own Office of Management and Budget." Obama Was First President to Spend More on Welfare Than Defense

"Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama’s stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday." Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama’s presidency

"Welfare spending has been steadily increasing, not only under Obama and Bush, but under all Presidents for the past three decades – an unhealthy trend. Unfortunately, Obama has put it on steroids." Welfare Increased 41% Under Obama - www.independentsentinel.com

"(CNSNews.com) – Federal and state welfare assistance has grown almost 19 percent under President Barack Obama, according to the conservative Heritage Foundation.
All in all, there are 79 means-tested federal welfare programs, at a cost approaching $1 trillion annually, said Heritage Senior Research Fellow Robert Rector.
Rector conducted a comprehensive analysis of spending for government assistance programs, ranging from food, education and childcare programs to housing and medical care.
Since Fiscal Year 2009, federal and state welfare spending has risen from $779.9 billion to $927.2 billion, an increase of 18.8 percent. That fiscal year includes spending from Oct. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2009." Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year

Feb 2014
Oregon
That's some nice speculation and a bunch of made up numbers, which WE ALL know you're absolutely famous for, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT THE ARTICLE SAYS !!!!!

The article says that the food stamp rate has fallen every month since Trump took office. THEN IT SAYS THE SNAP ENROLLMENT HAS BEEN FALLING SINCE IT'S PEAK 2013 !!!!!!!!!!

In fact, it took a whole 5 minutes to find out that SNAP enrollment peaked in 2013 at 51,000,000 by the time the Dumbster was inaugurated that number was just 42,000,000. Meaning Obama moved 9,000,000 people or more than 3,000,000 people EACH YEAR off food stamps.

The DUMPTSER is sucking HIND TIT !!!! He needs to get on the ball. Here it is the end of October and he still needs to move another 1.5 MILLION people off food stamps to keep up with Obama !!!!
Here is a statistic chart that confirms Obama was able to reduce dependency on food stamps by reducing the unemployment rate. And the unemployment rate increase is tied to the economic collapse during the Bush years.

U.S.: annual unemployment rate 1990-2018 | Statista

Feb 2014
Oregon
TANF Spending accounts for less than 10% of welfare spending, not a huge sum, proportionally.

When a TANF case is closed, the recipients are still on welfare, just different programs. They could end TANF next month, close every single case, there would be no fewer welfare recipients. That is how liberals lie.

"(CNSNews.com) - Barack Obama was the first president of the United States to spend more on “means-tested entitlements”—AKA welfare—than on national defense, according to data published by his own Office of Management and Budget." Obama Was First President to Spend More on Welfare Than Defense

"Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over the past four years, fattened by President Obama’s stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance, according to numbers released Thursday." Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama’s presidency

"Welfare spending has been steadily increasing, not only under Obama and Bush, but under all Presidents for the past three decades – an unhealthy trend. Unfortunately, Obama has put it on steroids." Welfare Increased 41% Under Obama - www.independentsentinel.com

"(CNSNews.com) – Federal and state welfare assistance has grown almost 19 percent under President Barack Obama, according to the conservative Heritage Foundation.
All in all, there are 79 means-tested federal welfare programs, at a cost approaching $1 trillion annually, said Heritage Senior Research Fellow Robert Rector.
Rector conducted a comprehensive analysis of spending for government assistance programs, ranging from food, education and childcare programs to housing and medical care.
Since Fiscal Year 2009, federal and state welfare spending has risen from $779.9 billion to $927.2 billion, an increase of 18.8 percent. That fiscal year includes spending from Oct. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2009." Welfare State Grows by Nearly 19% Under Obama – to Almost $1 Trillion a Year
Why did you post something blaming Obama for the economic crisis that happened before he became president? Like the economy collapsed. Of course, that would mean more people needing assistance. That economic collapse ruined people's careers and lives. The effects of an economic collapse are long term effects on the families who become victims of the economic collapse. How do you think the result of huge mistakes made by those who sit in the seats in of power should be handled? Ignore human needs resulting from an economic collapse that is not their fault? Rather than just leaving them to slowly die, perhaps it would be more merciful to just shoot them. But then that might hurt the economic recovery when their labor is needed again. So how should the problem be handled?

Feb 2014
Oregon
I read it, so what's your point?:wacko:
Your disrespectful manner hardly deserves a reply but I think Imagethat was hoping you would notice this paragraph

The nationwide decline can be attributed to efforts by individual states beginning in 2014, a year after the Obama administration made slight cuts to the food stamp program as House Republicans urged the administration to push for cuts to the program after enrollment swelled to record highs in 2013.
We did not cut assistance as severely during the economic collapse caused by bankers, as we did during the Reagan administration, following the economic collapse caused by OPEC embargoing oil. When people need the help the most, because the economy has gone belly up and there are not enough jobs, we react by cutting assistance to those who need it. I have been among the economic victims of economic collapse. I hid my college degree with honors to get a janitorial job when there were no decent jobs and the several years of that recession pretty much ruined my life, so now I volunteer for $2.65 an hour, instead of enjoying the prestige and retirement benefits I expected to have, after giving several years of volunteer service and several years of college education. What employers notice is not the experience that was leading to a career, but my years as a janitor and a disability ended my ability to do janitorial work.

I think we have a problem here. We attach so much shame to needing help, no matter why it is needed, that those of us who end up needing help what to hide the truth, instead of explaining reality from our point of view. That means there is a lot of ignorance out there, because who is going to be honest about needing help when it means being shamed? I think this is what leads to social unrest and rebellion. I know I sure thought about getting a gun and blowing away the next jerk who had a job I wanted and thought I was asking for help because I would rather be on welfare than have his/her job with prestige and benefits. When the people at the top screw up, it is the people who support their lifestyle, for poverty wages, who get screwed. Maybe the richest nation in the world can not afford to help the needy, but it doesn't cost a dime to be respectful.

Feb 2014
Oregon
What did trump do. he repealed regulations put in place by Obama's XOs with his XO overturning them.

by doing so this created economic Growth.....

The Growth to the Economy >3% has allowed companies to upsize Obama era Part time jobs to FULL TIME.

People working 40 hours instead of 28 hours no longer are eligible for Welfare.

the U6 decreased by 1.2% (that is the number of people that had their Temp/Part time jobs upsized to FULL TIME)

subtract the 0.2% change in the U3 unemployment that leaves 1%

What is 1% of 150,000,000

1.5 million no longer need welfare... hmmmm
I strongly doubt if there would have been an economy for the next president to work with if Obama's administration had not stopped the economic collapse from collapsing even further. When the economy went belly up, I wish democrats had withdrawn from campaigns and left the mess to the Republicans to fix. The Obama administration got things turned around. Economic improvement from that point is not a big deal.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What did trump do. he repealed regulations put in place by Obama's XOs with his XO overturning them.

by doing so this created economic Growth.....

The Growth to the Economy >3% has allowed companies to upsize Obama era Part time jobs to FULL TIME.

People working 40 hours instead of 28 hours no longer are eligible for Welfare.

the U6 decreased by 1.2% (that is the number of people that had their Temp/Part time jobs upsized to FULL TIME)

subtract the 0.2% change in the U3 unemployment that leaves 1%

What is 1% of 150,000,000

1.5 million no longer need welfare... hmmmm
We were talking about America, the real one, not fantasy in your head....
The one where Obama never had a year with 3% growth (neither did Trump).