"Free speech" no longer free anymore? Or...

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Milo may not be a Nazi, but he is an advocate for pedophilia: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ia-breitbart-editor-milo-yiannopoulos-resigns.

Don't support pedophilia.
I preface this with: I don't know much about Milo, but just because he talks a good conservative talk doesn't mean he is deserving of a pass based on his views or that he should be supported because of them. If he is indeed advocating pedophilia, then he is in serious need of psychiatric help!

Jan 2015
MD
I preface this with: I don't know much about Milo, but just because he talks a good conservative talk doesn't mean he is deserving of a pass based on his views or that he should be supported because of them. If he is indeed advocating pedophilia, then he is in serious need of psychiatric help!
He does, as the link I provided showed.

But muh free speech!

Whether or not he's a Nazi is debatable too: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nated-work-neo-nazis-report-article-1.3544830

Former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos coordinated some of his work with neo-Nazis that he publicly distanced himself from, according to a report.

British-born Yiannopoulos has said he is a “fellow traveler” of the alt-right — a group of far-right supporters who include white nationalists and neo-Nazis while shying away from backing its most extremist elements.

But emails revealed in a Buzzfeed report Thursday show that the 32-year-old reached out to and received input on his work from prominent hateful figures.

For an explanation on the “alt right” last year, Yiannopoulos is reported to have received help and editing from neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer’s Andrew Auernheimer, “feudalist” Curtis Yarvin and white nationalist Devin Saucier.

Other details in the Buzzfeed piece, which chronicles Yiannopoulos’s relationships to other Breibart figures such as former White House strategist Steve Bannon and the billionaire Mercer family, include that his passwords appear to be based off of the Nazi violence of Kristallnacht and the “Night of the Long Knives” purge.

A video published with the report shows him singing “America the Beautiful” at karaoke while some in a crowd that includes white supremacist Richard Spencer give Nazi salutes.

Last edited:
Nov 2017
Virginia
Freedom of speech means the state is not permitted to arrest you, throw you in jail, impose a fine, blindfold you & put you before a firing squad, etc. for something you said or wrote. If the state didn't do any of those things, or if it's not the state doing those things, then it's not an infringement by the state, which is prohibited from violating your right to freedom of speech by the US Constitution.

If you say something and someone else disagrees with you, that's simply them exercising their freedom of speech. If it's a lot of people doing that, then it's a lot of people exercising their freedom of speech. If it's people rioting against someone else exercising their freedom of speech, then those people rioting are the ones doing something they have no right to do since people can peaceably assemble but not assemble to be violent. None of those cases are situations where the state is infringing on freedom of speech.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
Here is a clip from the interview in question.

https://youtu.be/6vZsbpvhn5Q

It was a smear campaign

Jan 2015
MD
That was all taken out of context. Watch the interview on joe rogan. I saw it way before any of that came up.

Again it is pedophilia only when it suits a naritive.

Silly.
Saying that we should get rid of consent laws is literally advocating pedophilia.