Giuliani: 'I'm in very good health' after hospital stay

Jan 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Interesting how millions of Americans can't enjoy such a simple benefit. But Giuliani doesn't seem too keen on fixing such a problem, incidentally complaining about 'abusers of the system' whilst going to the hospital because of a headache. What a sad sack of hypocrisy.

Apr 2005
Poplar, MT
Wrong again. Millions are without insurance, but anyone can walk into any emergency room in this country and be treated regardless of their ability to pay. Working in the medical field I know this to be true. Nice try with the lie.

dmk

Jan 2006
Columbus, Ohio
sgtdmski said:
Wrong again. Millions are without insurance, but anyone can walk into any emergency room in this country and be treated regardless of their ability to pay. Working in the medical field I know this to be true. Nice try with the lie.

dmk

Anyone can walk into an emergency room and receive care (well, minus the ones that are ignored and in some rare instances, dropped off at random places by the hospital like thugs) because they are required by law to receive care. However, the patient is also required to pay for it. Many can't afford it (including those with insurance). But nice try with the mistruth.

I'm wondering if you'll go back into another health care forum and bash people for 'abusing the system' for going into emergency rooms for simple colds or head aches, and in the same breath you defend this man. That is the hypocrisy I alluded to.

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
Katczinsky said:
Anyone can walk into an emergency room and receive care (well, minus the ones that are ignored and in some rare instances, dropped off at random places by the hospital like thugs) because they are required by law to receive care. However, the patient is also required to pay for it. Many can't afford it (including those with insurance). But nice try with the mistruth.
The patients who are dropped off like thugs are the ones who are poor and have far too many health issues that they are deemed worthy of receiving treatment for. Why waste time and money on some matted hair homeless loser after all - nobody gives a shit except a few hook-nose Nona Mascurri lookalikes. Of course, this has nothing whatsoever to do with how money defines your status and level of "rights" in this country. That's just some silly thing I made up.

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
Katczinsky said:

I'm wondering if you'll go back into another health care forum and bash people for 'abusing the system' for going into emergency rooms for simple colds or head aches, and in the same breath you defend this man. That is the hypocrisy I alluded to.
Health care in America is only designed to serve the middle class and the rich. The grabby poor recent immigrants need to realize that their methods of survival are viewed with disgust by the average American. Of course, nobody has ever given a rip shit about the poor in America - even the middle class in temporary hard times.

Jan 2006
Columbus, Ohio
pensacola_niceman said:
Health care in America is only designed to serve the middle class and the rich.

Actually, I think the point is that the middle class is suffering under this system, too.

The grabby poor recent immigrants need to realize that their methods of survival are viewed with disgust by the average American.

I don't think anyone's talking about illegal immigrants here, pn.

Of course, nobody has ever given a rip shit about the poor in America - even the middle class in temporary hard times.

Says the one who frequently bad-mouths the poor on a daily basis...

Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
Katczinsky said:
Actually, I think the point is that the middle class is suffering under this system, too.

No shit

I don't think anyone's talking about illegal immigrants here, pn.

Legal or illegal, no hospital wants to care for people who can't speak English and dress in silly outfits

Says the one who frequently bad-mouths the poor on a daily basis...

I don't bad mouth them. I merely state how they are treated - and - how nobody gives a shit - especially smiling politicians

Mar 2007
Ga
I don't see why so many people think that something so individual as health care should be free to all comers. It just doesn't make sense to me that a person who works every day and takes care of himself might have to foot the bill for someone who hasn't ever done ANYTHING and needs a bone marrow transplant.

That's not fair. Not even a little bit.

Jan 2006
Columbus, Ohio
fxashun said:
I don't see why so many people think that something so individual as health care should be free to all comers. It just doesn't make sense to me that a person who works every day and takes care of himself might have to foot the bill for someone who hasn't ever done ANYTHING and needs a bone marrow transplant.

That's not fair. Not even a little bit.

Is it unfair that someone who 'works every day and takes care of himself' has to pay for equal treatment by the fire department, even those that you might subjectively prejudge as 'undeserving'?