Give me a break!

Feb 2019
here and there
The military needs homosexuals as much as they need women in the military.

There is no need for such distractions in a job where you are at war.

Sexual harassment and assault in the US military is a huge issue and has been for a very long time.

There is simply no reason to make their jobs harder in this way, because their lives are on the line as well as those that they are defending, like yourself.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

Sexual harassment and assault in the US military is a huge issue and has been for a very long time.

There is simply no reason to make their jobs harder in this way, because their lives are on the line as well as those that they are defending, like yourself.
Is it your position that the presence of women and homosexuals is such a distraction that men are unable to effectively focus on their job?

If so, you must have a pretty low opinion of men.

May 2018
Chicago

The only people it bothers are bigots. Bigots should be kicked out of the military, they're causing problems.

Your posts get more and more ignorant. Gay people have been in the military forever and will be in the future, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, except get the fuck over it.

Last edited:
Dec 2016
Canada

And in the final summation, the whole gays in the military debate is a frivolous distraction from the core meaning and purpose of spending the bulk of a nation's wealth on military and security state spending!

So, when you don't have any valid reasons to be at war, you just make shit up and keep a bunch of wars going, because war is good for capitalism, since bombs dropped means more bombs need to be purchased to replace them, and there's always new planes, ships, and newer supposedly high tech weapons to sell the only buyer - Uncle Sam...who needs the threat of military force to maintain financial imperialism over the world...which has been slipping recently...thus necessitating the bipartisan effort to destroy rising and now competing capitalist centers of power that have their own dreams of empire!

China learned the hard way in the last 10 years that merely accumulating financial power (along the Japanese growth model) doesn't work when the threatened hegemon decides to make up excuses to regime change your corporations out....as in Afghanistan, Sudan, Libya, and if the blueprint still works - Venezuela! So, China is planning to double the size of military spending in its budgets within the next five years to build the carriers, establish foreign bases and expand its paltry (in comparison with the US and Russia) nuclear forces. Feel better now!

In 1935, retired general - Smedley Butler published "War Is a Racket," based on memoirs of his 33 years of service in the US Marine corp.: he developed insights late in life on who and why he and other US soldiers were sent off to far-flung war zones to fight battles in places that neither threatened US security nor the Bill of Rights...the other claimed reason for war:

Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933 by General Smedley Butler, USMC

War is just a racket. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.​
It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers.​
I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.​
I helped make Mexico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.
During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.​

It always seems that the General's primary motivation was to send a warning to younger generations about how the growing power of unelected military leaders allied with banking and arms industries would America from any semblance of a democratic republic to an autocratic empire....because that's how the USA was already behaving...as secretly as possible back then. And it's sad that that lesson and the brief cryptic one delivered by outgoing US President Dwight Eisenhower almost 60 years ago, were never listened to! So, the Empire today manages a state that depends on intimidation and increasing tyranny at home to deal with growing numbers in poverty, while spending as much as possible on fighting wars to maintain and retake control of rebellious vassal states abroad!

Feb 2019
nunya
Is it your position that the presence of women and homosexuals is such a distraction that men are unable to effectively focus on their job?

No, but the some men that do ruin it for the homosexuals and the women because of stereotypes imposed on them through generations cause this. Our president isn't helping.

Nov 2005
California
As a gay man who has served in the military, the claims of how bad gays are for the military habitually come from people who have never even thought of serving...

This is an amusing comment as "war-time" is typically when the military has reduced the enforcement of kicking gays out of the military...
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL30113.pdf
Compare Table 1 statistics to the time-frame of Iraq War #1 and #2...

Moreover, research and modern activity prove that your claim of "distractions" is exaggerated b.s.
Gays in the Military
Studies Show Openly Gay Military Has No Negative Impact, Here or in Israel - Williams Institute

What does this have to do with gays in the military?

Let me rephrase that for you...
There is simply no reason to make the jobs of gay men and women in the military harder in this way, because their lives are on the line as well as those that they are defending, like yourself.
Moreover, there is no demonstration of how gays make the military job harder.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
here and there
As a gay man who has served in the military, the claims of how bad gays are for the military habitually come from people who have never even thought of serving...

This is an amusing comment as "war-time" is typically when the military has suspended a lot of enforcement of kicking gays out of the military...

Moreover, research and modern activity prove that your claim of "distractions" is exaggerated b.s.
Gays in the Military
Studies Show Openly Gay Military Has No Negative Impact, Here or in Israel - Williams Institute

What does this have to do with gays in the military?

Let me rephrase that for you...
There is simply no reason to make the jobs of gay men and women in the military harder in this way, because their lives are on the line as well as those that they are defending, like yourself.
Moreover, there is no demonstration of how gays make the military job harder.
Sexual harassment/assault, keeps going up and up and up in the military

Reports of Sexual Assault in the Military Rise by 10 Percent, Pentagon Finds

So the question begs, why introduce it if you don't have to, especially when lives are on the line? Do we really want jealous lovers out on the same battle field together?

It seems to me that you are simply introducing an element of hardship that need not be there at all. Just remove the issue of sexual attraction altogether.

Now making them all female would be fine and all except for the fact that males perform much better do to physical attributes.

Feb 2019
here and there

It is a distraction. All one has to do is watch a good looking female walk down the street and watch the slew of traffic accidents that line the road.

As to how much of a distraction, that varies.

Are men pigs? Well...........let's just say that their sexual urges and high levels of testosterone does brain damage.