Give me a break!

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
It seems you are agreeing with me, or at least trying to defend my position.

Sexual issues will persist so long as there is attraction.
OOOOHHHHH no no no no sir I am not agreeing with you in any way form or fashion. YOU are blaming the the problem on the presence of women. I am blaming the issue on the lack of leadership. The real irony is many of those committing the sexual assaults would be furious if you did the same to a female member of their family.

Dec 2015
Arizona
On the battlefield, you must sleep with each other, bath with each other, and do basically everything together.

And at the end of the day, the odds of you living depend on each other.

So when things go awry "sexually", this only can add confusion and distraction to the situation.

Again, the military is not a PC engeneering experiment, or at least, should not be.

Here's a word for you: Discipline. A state of order. Obedience without question. Understanding and practicing compliance.

Isn't this the foundation--the cement that GLUES the military together---the function that saves lives, builds cohesiveness and success? But you seem to doubt the U.S. Armed Forces level of discipline?? Apparently, you don't think much of current military men and their discipline.

It is the responsibility of our military leaders to "POLICE", supervise and discipline any and all military members. Maybe it's the leaders who aren't doing their job.

Feb 2019
here and there
OOOOHHHHH no no no no sir I am not agreeing with you in any way form or fashion. YOU are blaming the the problem on the presence of women. I am blaming the issue on the lack of leadership. The real irony is many of those committing the sexual assaults would be furious if you did the same to a female member of their family.
I guess the difference here is, I'm not trying to blame anyone, not men, not women, not gays, nor leadership.

No, I just wish to remove the issue which is sexual attraction.

Nov 2005
California
So if that is true, you win a cookie.
:rolleyes:

Even so, why have them at all on the battle field?
Because they do the job.
If they can't do the job, then they should not be in that position.

It seems you are agreeing with me, or at least trying to defend my position.
Sexual issues will persist so long as there is attraction.
Petty theft will occur as long as there is inequality.
Perhaps we should work to make sure all people have equal incomes?
#sarcasm

Your approach is like blaming the victim to placate to the attacker.
The person at fault is the attacker. Not the victim.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I guess the difference here is, I'm not trying to blame anyone, not men, not women, not gays, nor leadership.

No, I just wish to remove the issue which is sexual attraction.
Here is what you said !!

The military needs homosexuals as much as they need women in the military.

There is no need for such distractions in a job where you are at war.

Sexual harassment and assault in the US military is a huge issue and has been for a very long time.

There is simply no reason to make their jobs harder in this way, because their lives are on the line as well as those that they are defending, like yourself.
Your words strongly imply that gays and women SHOULD NOT be allowed to serve as they are a "distraction" to the men. You ARE in fact blaming both women and gays. If the men can't control themselves it's THEIR problem NOT their VICTIM'S.

If you thank gays can't serve, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine from high school. We all suspected he was gay. We were very surprised when he joined the Marines. 25 years and multiple deployments and multiple combat metals, including no less than three purple hearts, later he retired. He and his boyfriend bought a beautiful house in Asheville NC, opened a bar and restaurant.

Feb 2019
here and there
Here is what you said !!

Your words strongly imply that gays and women SHOULD NOT be allowed to serve as they are a "distraction" to the men. You ARE in fact blaming both women and gays. If the men can't control themselves it's THEIR problem NOT their VICTIM'S.

If you thank gays can't serve, I'd like to introduce you to a friend of mine from high school. We all suspected he was gay. We were very surprised when he joined the Marines. 25 years and multiple deployments and multiple combat metals, including no less than three purple hearts, later he retired. He and his boyfriend bought a beautiful house in Asheville NC, opened a bar and restaurant.
Well that's great, did I say they could not a soldier? No.

Did I say they could not be a good soldier?

No.

You are not understanding what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
here and there
:rolleyes:

Because they do the job.
If they can't do the job, then they should not be in that position.

Petty theft will occur as long as there is inequality.
Perhaps we should work to make sure all people have equal incomes?
#sarcasm

Your approach is like blaming the victim to placate to the attacker.
The person at fault is the attacker. Not the victim.
Where did I blame anyone?