Good intentions...

Sep 2019
NY
You've heard this before, "It must be hard being black". Whites say it thinking they're sympathizing with blacks. In fact they're repeating racist propaganda. It's not any harder being born with black skin, than being born pinkish, brown, reddish or golden yellow like Chinese were originally.

The hard part is being around racist ignorant whites who hate black folks b/c they're not their slaves anymore.
Truth out.

Apr 2019
America
You've heard this before, "It must be hard being black". Whites say it thinking they're sympathizing with blacks. In fact they're repeating racist propaganda. It's not any harder being born with black skin, than being born pinkish, brown, reddish or golden yellow like Chinese were originally.

The hard part is being around racist ignorant whites who hate black folks b/c they're not their slaves anymore.
Truth out.
How many do you know personally? How much racism have you seen at that level? I don't know one person that thinks that way. You are being racist calling whites racists. Can you understand that?

About being born that color you should remember you had no control over it. If you are white why aren't you feeling the same things you claim other white people feel? I have never seen so many exceptional people in my life. :eek:Self hate can only be self destructive.

Apr 2019
America
Here is an article about racism. The go to answer of the Left.
It’s Always Racism « Intellectual Conservative
The United States is not a land of the blatant racism that the race-baiters declare is pervasive. In a nation that is freer than any other on the planet. Institutional racism is slick marketing packaged to make some look like victims. Many of us interact with others of numerous races daily without giving thought to the conflicts of race the race-baiters assure us are prevalent throughout our society. In my military career, I have worked with people of different colors and races without ever giving it a second thought. In the end, we need an understanding that the color of a persons skin tells us absolutely nothing about them. It is the experiences we have been through, the individual thought processes we possess, and the way we interact with one another that is important. The continuous discussions that are forced upon people about privilege have damaged the discourse that we should be having about working together to move forward.

Dec 2015
Arizona

Truth out.
As a matter of fact, I've never heard "It must be hard being black"--never. What would be the point? We are what we are.
It is sometimes referred to as the Ovarian Lottery--a phrase coined by Warren Buffet. Here's how to WIN:
Be born white.
Be born male.
Be born in America.
Be born privileged.
Be born intelligent, healthy
If you cross off even ONE of the above, you've lost the lottery.

Racism is a hard habit to break. It's often generational. It's carefully taught and displayed. It's almost impossible to break the habit completely because it's an addiction. The inability to SEE PEOPLE instead of COLOR is a challenge for most people. AND probably the worst part is that almost EVERYONE (even the worst) DENY it. "I'm not racist." "I am the least racist person you'll ever meet." THOSE phrases? I've heard hundreds of times and so have you.
Bigotry and racism are buddies. Usually, if you are afflicted with ONE you're saddled with both.

Racism, using my favorite definition from Solid Ground is “the systematic distribution of resources, power and opportunity in our society to the benefit of people who are White and the exclusion of people of color.”
This distribution can be intentional or unintentional, and these systems are largely unconscious and invisible to White people. But they are real, and they have meaningful impacts on people’s lives.
The racists among us will deny. In fact, they'll display their OUTRAGE. You will hear the same arguments and justifications over and over....because it's all they've got. They will never admit that it's not just individuals who are racist--it's ENTIRE systems: quality housing, education, healthcare, legal rights, personal safety, incarceration, and jobs.

Bottom line: We all judge and then we justify.

Reactions: RNG and Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Texas
As a matter of fact, I've never heard "It must be hard being black"--never. What would be the point? We are what we are.
It is sometimes referred to as the Ovarian Lottery--a phrase coined by Warren Buffet. Here's how to WIN:
Be born white.
Be born male.
Be born in America.
Be born privileged.
Be born intelligent, healthy
If you cross off even ONE of the above, you've lost the lottery.

Racism is a hard habit to break. It's often generational. It's carefully taught and displayed. It's almost impossible to break the habit completely because it's an addiction. The inability to SEE PEOPLE instead of COLOR is a challenge for most people. AND probably the worst part is that almost EVERYONE (even the worst) DENY it. "I'm not racist." "I am the least racist person you'll ever meet." THOSE phrases? I've heard hundreds of times and so have you.
Bigotry and racism are buddies. Usually, if you are afflicted with ONE you're saddled with both.

Racism, using my favorite definition from Solid Ground is “the systematic distribution of resources, power and opportunity in our society to the benefit of people who are White and the exclusion of people of color.”
This distribution can be intentional or unintentional, and these systems are largely unconscious and invisible to White people. But they are real, and they have meaningful impacts on people’s lives.
The racists among us will deny. In fact, they'll display their OUTRAGE. You will hear the same arguments and justifications over and over....because it's all they've got. They will never admit that it's not just individuals who are racist--it's ENTIRE systems: quality housing, education, healthcare, legal rights, personal safety, incarceration, and jobs.

Bottom line: We all judge and then we justify.
Justify- typically is to excuse- an excuse is an attempt to justify (usually lame)

Reactions: Clara007