Google admits censorship

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
If google censors they are a publisher, and should be governed by the same regulations.

This is all coming to court very soon. Google just lost a big 1st step in the discrimination case. And there are multiple antitrust suits against silicon valley one even involving the state.

They will have to decide what side of the fence they wish to operate.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Here is more on the blacklisting

REVEALED: TWO MORE GOOGLE BLACKLISTS DESIGNED TO REMOVE ‘FRINGE DOMAINS’ AND OP-EDS FROM SPECIAL SEARCH RESULTS

According to Google, they are working on developing ways to ensure that algorithms are weeding out inappropriate web answers rather than having to do so manually. The second web answers blacklist, called all_fringe_domains, appears to be an example of this, as it seems to be generated by an algorithm.

A portion of the fringe domains list was shared with The Daily Caller. On it are the American Spectator, Breitbart, Breaking911, the website of pastor Brian Jones, the website of Bring Your Bible to School Day, Consortium News (published by Robert Parry), St. Philip the Deacon Lutheran Church, speakerryan.com, The Franklin Society (a cryptocurrency blog), Free Thought Project, The Gateway Pundit, and The Gorka Briefing.

In addition, several blogs critical of conservatives are on the fringe domains blacklist, including Breitbart Unmasked and Spencer Watch, a blog critical of Jihad Watch’s Robert Spencer.

REVEALED: Two More Google Blacklists Designed To Remove ‘Fringe Domains’ And Op-Eds From Special Search Results

Nov 2005
California
If google censors they are a publisher, and should be governed by the same regulations.
Out of curiosity, did you understand any of the words you just said?
Or are you just regurgitating crap you heard from somewhere else because you liked the end consequence and you selfishly liked the end goal of preventing a company from not being able to restrict conservative lies so you went with it?

I ask because what you said should be discussed and recognized as absolute hogwash. If limiting a selection return makes them a publisher, then those ridiculously myopic terms would make Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, and every retailer around a "publisher".
But if you haven't a clue what you said, then you won't have the capacity to engage in such a discussion...
Given your history, you'll probably just demand I'll go prove it for myself to hide the fact that you don't know what you're talking about...

Nov 2005
California
This is all coming to court very soon. Google just lost a big 1st step in the discrimination case. And there are multiple antitrust suits against silicon valley one even involving the state.
They will have to decide what side of the fence they wish to operate.
Geezus. You blur the lines so quickly it isn't even funny.
Antitrust laws are applied to a wide range of questionable business activities, including but not limited to market allocation, bid rigging, price fixing, and monopolies. Below, we take a look at the activities these laws protect against.​
What Are Antitrust Laws?

Google removing LYING web-sites is not "anti-trust".
It in no way aids them in a monopoly. It's not about "market allocation".
You blindly blend ideas together between:
a) Something happening you don't like, and
b) A completely unrelated law which you hope could be applied to punish Google.

The truly funny thing about all this is YOU WILL NEVER LEARN.
Nothing will come to pass because of your rantings, but you'll still proclaim it's all going to happen.
To help hide that fact, you blindly make your claims vague at the end by talking generically about "silicon valley" because you have no actual case against google based on the complaint in post #1.

Nov 2005
California
Again, you need to comprehend that words have meaning ...
fascism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Recognizing that a company has autonomy over their operation is nowhere near the same thing as "fascism".
Research the economics of fascism and get back to me.
I did.
Didn't prove your case one iota.
One reference pointed out that your response was just a dumb waste of my time and if you had any case whatsoever you would have actually made it instead of incessantly insisting others go off on a wild goose chase to disprove the evidence I already presented.

Words have meaning Sabcat. I realize you are trying to play to a crowd that revels in ignorance so it works for them (and thus you), but beyond that you are dumbing your arguments down to achieve an end goal but failing to address the clear deficiencies in your arguments.
One of the consequences is that you will forever be making predictions and complaints, but none of them will be acted upon and you'll never be able to honestly address why.
But for the modern right, that works fine for them. They are snowflakes in a perpetually generated outrage machine where the truth need not apply.

Nov 2005
California
I'm not sure what your point is.
And Sabcat AGAIN demonstrates it is him that is clueless on what is being said...
... even as his favorite tactic is to blindly claim that it's others that don't get his statements...

More from the article
While RT and Sputnik are the immediate targets of this campaign, the real concern is any website that exposes the lies of the American government and promotes stories critical of the official narrative promoted by the American ruling class.
What is it with dumb lies?
And what is it with you and the rest of the right suddenly championing everything Russian these days? (Never mind on the last question as we know what the answer to that is...)

I have to chuckle at the "exposing the lies of the American government" crap...
If that were true, then Google would censor a long list of web-sites that document the lies that come out of our government.
Let me give you a few examples...
Trump Lies
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact
What Connects Meghan Markle to a Philosopher of Totalitarianism? Donald Trump’s Lies.
Veracity of statements by Donald Trump - Wikipedia
Opinion | President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

Obviously these sites are not getting censored, so obviously the statement above is profoundly flawed at its core.