GOP Refuses To Renew State Election Security

Jun 2013
Ohio
In the midst of unparalleled election cyber security attacks, the right wing Russian surrender monkies refuse to renew state funding grants for election security.

House GOP refuses to renew election security funding as Democrats fume over Russian interference

Source: Washington Post

House Republicans plan to vote Thursday on a spending bill that excludes new money for election security grants to states, provoking a furious reaction from Democrats amid a national controversy over Russian election interference.

At issue is a grants program overseen by the federal Election Assistance Commission and aimed at helping states administer their elections and improve voting systems; Democrats want to continue grant funding through 2019, while Republicans say the program already has been fully funded.

Republicans argued strenuously in floor debate Wednesday that states had plenty of money from prior congressional allocations to spend on election improvements. But Democrats accused the Republicans of abetting President Trump in his refusal to take a hard line against Russian President Vladi*mir Putin at this week’s summit in Helsinki.

“The American people should be very worried about the commitment of this president and his Republican allies in Congress to securing our elections,” said Rep. David N. Cicilline (D-R.I.). “This is a party that has worked with this administration to undermine and minimize the investigation surrounding Russian interference in our presidential election.”

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...witter_impression=true&utm_term=.8bc137cba3e0

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
In the midst of unparalleled election cyber security attacks, the right wing Russian surrender monkies refuse to renew state funding grants for election security.
This tells us one thing.

Elections are being manipulated in favor of the GOP.

Not an American First Republican in all of Congress it seems.

May 2018
Chicago
I'm a little confused. From reading the article, it seems to me that money has already been allocated to help with election security and that additional money has been asked for. Is that correct? Or is election security funding being ended?

Jun 2013
Ohio
I'm a little confused. From reading the article, it seems to me that money has already been allocated to help with election security and that additional money has been asked for. Is that correct? Or is election security funding being ended?
Read closer. It is a renewal.

Jul 2018

the gop said

"why would we need it now that we have putin's word?" ;)

Last edited:
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Read closer. It is a renewal.
Aside from the program being fully funded and knowing the Dems instinctive need to dump more of other peoples money on anything they can use as a political lever, this is a non-issue. Cyber security isn't the primary job of the states election beaucrats.

Jul 2018
Aside from the program being fully funded and knowing the Dems instinctive need to dump more of other peoples money on anything they can use as a political lever, this is a non-issue. Cyber security isn't the primary job of the states election beaucrats.

with all respect, the mantra that dems are big spenders while the gop are conservative is trash.

look at the deficit under republicans

its worse than the dems for decades now

Jul 2018
if you want to trash spending fine but don't misrepresent as you did

this is a problem in DC, period