Government shut down ??

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Yes, you see the Tax cuts were only revenue NEGATIVE if GDP was 1.9% or less.... They became revenue POSITIVE at 2% GDP, and became INCREASINGLY revenue positive for every %point the GDP was above 2.%

So... lets look Trump cut taxes, and we have seen RECORD revenue growth. GDP was growing at <2% prior to the tax cuts..

20% of something is > 25% of nothing.

So that doubing of GDP doubled the dollars that have are taxed...

Which is greater 25% of 50
or 20% of 100
All sounds great. So why is the US running a deficit again? Trickle down economics really is Voodoo economics. It always reminds me of the adage "Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining".

Apr 2013
Left coast
Did you watch little Sarah Sanders yesterday? MY GOD--what a mess she is. So a reporter asks,
"The deficit is over $1 trillion, so why is the American taxpayer paying for the wall when Trump as a candidate promised that Mexico would pay for it?"
Sanders: We’re not asking American taxpayers for that. We are looking at existing funding through other agencies right now that we can draw on to do that in — immediately." Ummm....other agencies? Like tax-payer FUNDED other agencies? Like U.S. agencies---all funded by tax dollars? Those agencies, Sarah??

Okay, let’s break this down. First, any existing funding that other agencies have in their coffers is taxpayer money. So, as many, many people pointed out on Twitter, trying to claim the money isn’t coming from the American public is either misinformed or misleading or.....ANOTHER BIG FAT GODAWFUL lie.

But little Sarah (always quick on her very large feet) replied: “we’re talking about additional revenue that wouldn’t have existed without the president getting a new deal” and that revenue coupled with money saved means “we can pay for the wall four times over, and by doing that new trade deal we have the opportunity to pay for the wall.”

How can anyone STAND these shining examples of humanity?
And they keep repeating the lie that the old NAFTA with a new name is going to get more money from Mexico. Total bullshit.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
All sounds great. So why is the US running a deficit again? Trickle down economics really is Voodoo economics. It always reminds me of the adage "Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining".
S
P
E
N
D
I
N
G

M
O
R
E

T
H
A
N

Y
O
U

M
A
K
E

Congress chose to spend more than revenue collections, even with RECORD revenue collection

and that is one place I disagreed with Trump he should have done this shutdown last year.

Jun 2018
Toronto
From "Mexico will pay for the wall", he went to "Give me money for the wall or I will shut down the joint"

:)

I'm pretty sure if he will shut the government things may actually improve.