Green New Deal is a disaster-in-waiting

Dec 2015
Arizona
  • There's an argument that you don't destabilize a society by doing too much change at once," says the former Massachusetts congressman.
Too much change at once? Changes over 10 years are too much at once?? Destabilize? LOL
  • The proposal, which calls for generating 100 percent of the nation's power from renewable sources within 10 years, emerges as a major campaign issue.
Do I need to remind the detractors that renewable sources/energy is nothing NEW?? This country has been discussing, implementing, and planning renewable sources for YEARS and suddenly this comes as a surprise?
  • All the senators running as Democrats for president pledge support for it as President Donald Trump and Republicans blast it.
Of course the GOP blasts the proposal. Conservative Republicans are still living in 1950.

Dec 2016
Canada
"I think the Green New Deal would be loser," said Frank, the former Massachusetts congressman who retired in 2013 after more than three decades on Capitol Hill. "There's an argument that you don't destabilize a society by doing too much change at once."

Barney Frank: Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal 'would be a loser' for Democrats against Trump in 2020

Goodness. It's too loony even for Barney Frank.
Barney Frank ....long time Democratic Party bagman was exactly the kind of politician who wore out his welcome with a lot of people. Who gives a shit what he wants or doesn't want, and who's paying him now to get on TV and give his "expertise" on the environment?

Dec 2016
Canada
Don't forget! MOst of them are only backing it because there is a cattle prod jabbing them in the back right now: an angry, disillusioned base of independents and young people who will only bother getting involved with the other allowed party on condition that it become a party of the people...as claimed by its rhetoric and work on issues that the people want/not what the big money donors want!

Dec 2018
New England
Friends on the left, please help me out here. The Green New Deal has been pitched as a mobilization with an urgency equivalent to what the country faced as we entered WWII. We are told that the earth literally hangs in the balance. And to save us all from the certainty of carbon-fueled planetary destruction your leaders have proposed legislation that is ... um ... non-binding?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Friends on the left, please help me out here. The Green New Deal has been pitched as a mobilization with an urgency equivalent to what the country faced as we entered WWII. We are told that the earth literally hangs in the balance. And to save us all from the certainty of carbon-fueled planetary destruction your leaders have proposed legislation that is ... um ... non-binding?

The reason it is non biding is the MMGW is a hoax, the non-binding part allows those with power an opt out to the law, when it benefits them.

Some animials (pigs) are more equal than other animals (not pigs)

Feb 2019
here and there
Consider the source.