Green New Deal is a disaster-in-waiting

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Oh, so like I said, there is no New Green Deal. Just a proposal by a 1st term Congresswoman that has gathered some support.
The things you people get all excited over, ridiculous!!!

Yes there is a GND, but it has not become law yet because McConnell has a brain.. forcing the debate NOW.. and forcing a the Democrats to revile what is IN THE BILL before it is passed.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Yes there is a GND, but it has not become law yet because McConnell has a brain.. forcing the debate NOW.. and forcing a the Democrats to revile what is IN THE BILL before it is passed.
Look at your post. "Yes there is a GND, but it has NOT become a law yet..."
Fucking DUUUH...

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Look at your post. "Yes there is a GND, but it has NOT become a law yet..."
Fucking DUUUH...
it is a bill sitting on capital hill just a silly little bill... (that has sponsors) Remember that just a little over a year ago, the Trump Tax Cuts was a bill Sitting on capital hill.... Obamacare in 2010 was a Bill sitting on capital hill... in 2002 the Iraq war Resolution was a bill sitting on Capital Hill... ... and so on

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
it is a bill sitting on capital hill just a silly little bill... (that has sponsors) Remember that just a little over a year ago, the Trump Tax Cuts was a bill Sitting on capital hill.... Obamacare in 2010 was a Bill sitting on capital hill... in 2002 the Iraq war Resolution was a bill sitting on Capital Hill... ... and so on
Yeah, in otder to become a bill it has to have a sponsor(s). So what?
Talk to me when it becomes a bill, is passed by both houses and not vetoed by the President.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Yeah, in otder to become a bill it has to have a sponsor(s). So what?
Talk to me when it becomes a bill, is passed by both houses and not vetoed by the President.
Should we wait until bills are passed before we learn what is in them.
or?
Should they be debated BEFORE they are passed?

Which do you prefer?

I am for the latter. Which is what is happening now.

That is why the thread is called "disaster in waiting" it is a disaster waiting to be passed and signed. Thus we are discussing the bill NOW before it is passed.

Last edited:
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Should we wait until bills are passed before we learn what is in them.
or?
Should they be debated BEFORE they are passed?

Which do you prefer?

I am for the latter. Which is what is happening now.

That is why the thread is called "disaster in waiting" it is a disaster waiting to be passed and signed. Thus we are discussing the bill NOW before it is passed.
Debate away, examine every detail of the proposal. Just refer to it as what it is... a PROPOSAL.