Half of Rape Allegations are False, Research Shows

Oct 2010
Colorado
Well, here is some more facts presented in a very articulate manner. Again, I am sure no one will dispute the facts, they will just attack the source.

He seems a credible dude.

It figures black men are over-policed and over-incarcerated. Racism remains a disease to conquer.

The score - falsely accused: 8 out of 1,000 rapes, sand sent to prison: 7 our of 1,000 - is indeed dismal. But one statistic was overlooked.

Out of 1,000 rapes, 7 rapists go to prison, 8 are falsely accused, and 385 rapists walk.

Dec 2015
Arizona
There is a reason they have rape kits at every hospital. No, not 30 years after the fact. Teach women to report rape immediately. Actually we should educate them to go straight to a ER to report it. The police can be involved with the evidence, and the victim deals with actual trained medical professionals. The police get the evidence needed, they can get her side of the story the next day or a couple days later. They can interview the medical staff and get statements from them. All of this leads to evidence to question, probably charge and begin the process of justice against a rapist.
Logically I agree with you, but there are holes in your statement--lots of holes. First of all, logic flies right out the window after an assault--of any kind--but particularly a sexual assault. You don't seem to understand the severe trauma, to the body but also to the mind. There's a numbness, a denial, shame, loss of confidence, fear, anxiety and women do not want to be touched---by anyone. Physically they go into shock--a drop in blood pressure, shaking, rapid shallow breathing--not to mention the physical pain involved. The victim feels dirty--filthy. Most of us just want to scrub ourselves skinless in scalding hot water and go to bed. AND stay there forever.
Second, if we go to the ER and are checked out--if a rape kit is done--and we are questioned---the trauma begins again. Usually (historically) women are questioned by MEN and who do we want to avoid at all costs? MEN--especially MEN WE DON'T know. After that trauma is relived over and over, the rape kit goes on a shelf--sometimes for weeks, months and in some cases years.
Third, victims block out the event, which is another reason they don't report it. AND what about all the little boys who may or may not have told their parents or siblings about the priests and nothing happened--again and again they were not believed, until they realize years later that other little boys were also assaulted.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
Logically I agree with you, but there are holes in your statement--lots of holes. First of all, logic flies right out the window after an assault--of any kind--but particularly a sexual assault. You don't seem to understand the severe trauma, to the body but also to the mind. There's a numbness, a denial, shame, loss of confidence, fear, anxiety and women do not want to be touched---by anyone. Physically they go into shock--a drop in blood pressure, shaking, rapid shallow breathing--not to mention the physical pain involved. The victim feels dirty--filthy. Most of us just want to scrub ourselves skinless in scalding hot water and go to bed. AND stay there forever.
Second, if we go to the ER and are checked out--if a rape kit is done--and we are questioned---the trauma begins again. Usually (historically) women are questioned by MEN and who do we want to avoid at all costs? MEN--especially MEN WE DON'T know. After that trauma is relived over and over, the rape kit goes on a shelf--sometimes for weeks, months and in some cases years.
Third, victims block out the event, which is another reason they don't report it. AND what about all the little boys who may or may not have told their parents or siblings about the priests and nothing happened--again and again they were not believed, until they realize years later that other little boys were also assaulted.
We should not, will not, make exceptions in the justice system.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
idk how you find it in you to keep repeating these posts to these morons. i seriously dont. i cry every time i read them, and somehow you are able to write them, and for no fucking reason because these idiots have NO clue. NONE.

and now on another thread we see some asshole saying white women are the most privileged in the country. crazy, because as a white woman, who grew up with lots and lots of white female friends, i no for a fact that NONE of us ever reported this when it happened. some "privilege"..........

Nov 2012
Kekistan
idk how you find it in you to keep repeating these posts to these morons. i seriously dont. i cry every time i read them, and somehow you are able to write them, and for no fucking reason because these idiots have NO clue. NONE.

and now on another thread we see some asshole saying white women are the most privileged in the country. crazy, because as a white woman, who grew up with lots and lots of white female friends, i no for a fact that NONE of us ever reported this when it happened. some "privilege"..........
Congratulations then. If one of you was raped, then you allowed the rapist to go free and rape someone else. Give yourself a high five!