Has a western country ever assimilated Islamics?

Sep 2015
Stage Left
wtf ever

i know a lot of Muslim-Americans that are just like any other American. more BS ass lying for the idiotic masses, so they can keep on hatin' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
From the article:

“Almost 60 percent agree that Muslims should return to the roots of Islam,” he wrote, while “75 percent think there is only one interpretation of the Qur’an possible to which every Muslim should stick.”
Koopmans, who has been studying Islam for over twenty years, also found that “65 percent say that religious rules are more important to them than the laws of the country in which they live.”
Regarding Christian citizens on the other hand, Koopmans found that fewer than 4 percent “can be characterized as consistent fundamentalists.”

I would argue this shows religious fundamentalism as the source of the problem. It just happens to be more prominent in the Muslim religion.

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
Thank God/Allah that Muslims resist assimilation into the evil degenerate depraved West. That is exactly why I support Islam (and traditional Anabaptism).

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Thank God/Allah that Muslims resist assimilation into the evil degenerate depraved West. That is exactly why I support Islam (and traditional Anabaptism).
LOL If true, your opinion is in the extreme minority. A handful of people who believed like you wouldn't be able to stand up against millions of armed and pissed off Texans. The last Islamic attack in Texas ended up with two dead radicals bleeding out on the street.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
The US assimilated Catholics so I think we can also assimilate Muslims.
Yer bassakward again. Islamics will never be assimilated primarily because of their religious teachings that don't allow it. The process of installing Sharia law and self policing is very much alive here as it has been in the EU for some time. When we see resistance to conforming with our laws that should be a big red flag. The incidence of young Muslims born here becoming radicalized is becoming problematic. Case in point is the ISIS bride who, now that here support, AKA ISIS, is being decimated, now wants to return. Why? To continue to fight against the US?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I would argue this shows religious fundamentalism as the source of the problem. It just happens to be more prominent in the Muslim religion.
Religious fundamentalism isn't the problem, it's acting out the religious radicalism that is contrary to the laws of their host country. There are millions of fundie Christians who do not and will no violate the law in pursuit of their ideas of what law should be. Christian religions gave up the crusades centuries ago. There may be a few outliers that can been seen as contradicting that but their propensity toward violence is nil.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Religious fundamentalism isn't the problem, it's acting out the religious radicalism that is contrary to the laws of their host country. There are millions of fundie Christians who do not and will no violate the law in pursuit of their ideas of what law should be. Christian religions gave up the crusades centuries ago. There may be a few outliers that can been seen as contradicting that but their propensity toward violence is nil.
There are millions of Muslims here in the US who do the same.