Have you ever seen a UFO?

Have you ever seen a UFO that appeared to be intelligently controlled?

• Definitely

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Quite possibly

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
May 2018
USA
I've seen MANY UFOs. Flying saucers? Nope, but flying objects that I could not identify.

For the record I do believe in alien life, and think it's likely very abundant: I just don't see why they'd bother to come HERE.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I've seen MANY UFOs. Flying saucers? Nope, but flying objects that I could not identify.

For the record I do believe in alien life, and think it's likely very abundant: I just don't see why they'd bother to come HERE.
OK, then let me be clear.

A UFO that appeared intelligently controlled.

Apr 2013
Left coast

I wish I could claim this logic as mine but in fact a physics prof of mine way back when said words to this effect and they have stayed with me forever.

Look at humanity. We have been here in a manner that did more than grunt, fuck and chase food for only a few thousand years
. (As a young student a prof using a term like that helped make it memorable) The universe is 13 billion years old. And we are apt to kill ourselves off through war, starvation or just poisoning the earth in less than another thousand. So we will have been here for 3,000/13,000,000,000th of the universe's history. And assuming no one can beat the speed of light, what are the odds of any other planet on any other sun in any other galaxy will have reached a level of technology and not killed themselves off like we will to interact in the overlapping time.

There may be all kinds of atmospheric, electrical or photonic effects we haven't characterize, and all kinds of secret military testing being done, but I do not believe there are aliens from outer space visiting.

Convince me that a super-duper warp drive is possible then all bets are off, but till then, NFW.

Oct 2010
Colorado
I wish I could claim this logic as mine but in fact a physics prof of mine way back when said words to this effect and they have stayed with me forever.

Look at humanity. We have been here in a manner that did more than grunt, fuck and chase food for only a few thousand years. (As a young student a prof using a term like that helped make it memorable) The universe is 13 billion years old. And we are apt to kill ourselves off through war, starvation or just poisoning the earth in less than another thousand. So we will have been here for 3,000/13,000,000,000th of the universe's history. And assuming no one can beat the speed of light, what are the odds of any other planet on any other sun in any other galaxy will have reached a level of technology and not killed themselves off like we will to interact in the overlapping time.

There may be all kinds of atmospheric, electrical or photonic effects we haven't characterize, and all kinds of secret military testing being done, but I do not believe there are aliens from outer space visiting.

Convince me that a super-duper warp drive is possible then all bets are off, but till then, NFW.
Good grief RNG, I doubt many in the 18th century could have been convinced heavier-than-air flight was possible.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Mmmmm....don't think so. Would be cool though.
Well, maybe I ought to kick this off. I've had several, but the one 2012 was the most incredible. A total of seventeen people saw this enormous boomerang shaped craft. I could see detail in the skin of the craft. Several people saw it going in and out of sharp focus, like a cloaking device malfunction.

It was huge, maybe ten degrees wide. It made absolutely no sound. I live in a fairly remote area, small town, and this happened late on a Sunday night, no traffic noise whatsoever.

The silence of such a huge craft was what freaked out everyone who saw it.

Oct 2010
Colorado
This is very close to what I and 16 others saw.

It was a bit dimmer. Had it not been so big, we could have overlooked it

Oct 2010
Colorado
Here's the story that goes with the pic I posted.

I was sitting on my back patio deck when I witnessed someting against the black backdrop of the sky. I was sitting in a fold out chair and from my deck, my view from NE to SE is obscured by my neighbor’s tree. I have a small (10-20 degree) view of the northern sky before the back of my home blocks my view to the northwest sky. I just happened to be staring into the sky when something caught my eye to the north. The object was boomerang shaped, had no lights and was only noticeable because it was reflecting some city light. It was barely a few shades lighter than the night sky behind it, but no doubt it was there. It appeared to be in a bank, as if in a turn from W to NW because I could make out a very distinctive boomerang shape. Like looking at a plane from the side when is in a turn, it’s wings are banked so you see more shape profile than if it were in level flight. There were no lights and there was no sound. I estimate the object to be within 2 miles to the north of my location near 150th and Penn in Edmond, OK. I cannot be positive about this as I could not make out the object’s size relative to my surroundings. It was too dark and barely visible. In all, I witnessed the object for about 15-20 secs before it was obscured by the city lights on the horizon as it seemed to settle into a NW heading. I have never witness anything like this and I cannot rationalize it. I though it could be a military craft, but there was no sound whatsoever. I have lived next to an air force base and military craft make plenty of sound, even in the distance. For a moment, I though some idiot was hang gliding in the middle of the night, but found it unlikely per Federal Aircraft Regulations, Part 103. My point is that I will be trying to figure out what I saw for a while. I hope there is a simple explanation, because what I fear it was scares me.