Health care could be behind Canada's longer life expectancy

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Really, when was health care free from government intervention?
Before it worked, you could buy medicine to cure anything, mostly opium dissolved in alcohol, it wouldn't really cure anything, but you felt better.
Then when a hundred children died from what was essentially cherry flavored anti freeze, the government stepped in with all this nonsense about safety and efficacy.

It ruined health care

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Before it worked, you could buy medicine to cure anything, mostly opium dissolved in alcohol, it wouldn't really cure anything, but you felt better.
Then when a hundred children died from what was essentially cherry flavored anti freeze, the government stepped in with all this nonsense about safety and efficacy.

It ruined health care
When was that?

Do you have a date?

It is your premise.

Jul 2015
chicago
Nope. My detailed plan would be to remove the state completely.
I agree. The government should not be allowed to decided if I can enter into an agreement with a health insurance provider. The government is fucking it all up.

Reactions: Sabcat
Jul 2014
massachusetts
When was that?

Do you have a date?

It is your premise.
In the US, in many states you could practice medicine without a license into the early 1900's, earliest licensing in the US began in the second half of the 19th century.
Back in the days when blowing smoke up your ass was an actual treatment......

And it was in 1937 that 105 people died from taking Elixir Sulfanilamide,

Last edited:
Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
Really, when was health care free from government intervention?
When 50% of all babies born didn't live to see their 21st birthday.
Without government intervention a large percentage of the population wouldn't be able to afford healthcare.