Health officials: Condoms are not meant to be reused

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So much for reduce, recycle, reuse....

Health officials: Condoms are not meant to be reused

Health officials are reminding people that condoms are not reusable.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tweeted on its sexually transmitted disease site that condoms are for single use. Officials say they needed to tweet the message because people are washing or reusing condoms instead of throwing them away.

The agency also says condoms have expiration dates.

The CDC says correctly using condoms can reduce, but not eliminate, the risk of sexually transmitted diseases. They also can protect against other diseases that may be transmitted through sex, such as the Zika virus.
https://www.woodtv.com/news/national/health-officials-condoms-are-not-meant-to-be-reused/1341055229

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
@imaginethat

It is troubling that people did not already know that.

Could you imagine a similar warning telling people not to use their toothbrush again after it has dropped in the toilet?
yes, it's troubling.

however, some people may not realize that washing a condom destroys its effectiveness.

not to mention - the health effects of the general community on people who get diseases is more wide than just the individual who doesn't have a brain in their head. Witness the outbreaks of disease to factory people who don't have the good sense to wash their hands after using the bathroom and then package food to be sold.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
@imaginethat

It is troubling that people did not already know that.

Could you imagine a similar warning telling people not to use their toothbrush again after it has dropped in the toilet?
Almost.

Even 25 years ago when I volunteered as a teaching assistant, I had eight-year olds whom I was encouraging to think, whine, "Just tell me what you want me to say." Those people are in their 30s now.

Thinking for oneself, never popular, continues its downward slide.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Almost.

Even 25 years ago when I volunteered as a teaching assistant, I had eight-year olds whom I was encouraging to think, whine, "Just tell me what you want me to say." Those people are in their 30s now.

Thinking for oneself, never popular, continues its downward slide.
sorry, i have to challenge this

people have not changed in 20-30 years

what changes is the stimuli they react to

think for oneself is no more or less than it was a generation ago... or many generations ago