Healthcare for 9/11 first responders

Apr 2013
La La Land North
I have never read any direct links between the workers and cancers. I have been told countless times that there is one.

I know lots of guys who were there working, I don't know a one that is sick.

and, what is it that they are requesting?

Let me also say that I have long regarded firefighters as the true American hero's. Day in and day out. I have TOTAL respect for them. More than I do for any other segment of society.

I need more info to have an opinion but how can anyone have a strong opinion without knowing the details? Or am I the only one that missed it??? Could be.

Sounds like a political football????????
You might want to check out Health effects arising from the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia which lists lung issues and cancer, along with further links to the original studies.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I have never read any direct links between the workers and cancers. I have been told countless times that there is one.

I know lots of guys who were there working, I don't know a one that is sick.

and, what is it that they are requesting?

Let me also say that I have long regarded firefighters as the true American hero's. Day in and day out. I have TOTAL respect for them. More than I do for any other segment of society.

I need more info to have an opinion but how can anyone have a strong opinion without knowing the details? Or am I the only one that missed it??? Could be.

Sounds like a political football????????
There's an entire Wikipedia page on the topic with 140 different references.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
You might want to check out Health effects arising from the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia which lists lung issues and cancer, along with further links to the original studies.
Over 55,000 individuals enrolled in the World Trade Center Health Registry, separated by rescue and/or recovery workers and non-rescue and/or recovery workers, were observed from 2003 or 2004 to December 31, 2008. The findings showed the overall incidence of all cancers among rescue and/or recovery workers was not significantly elevated, compared to non-rescue and/or recovery workers.

"To date, 75 recovery workers at ground zero have been diagnosed with blood cell cancers that a half-dozen top doctors and epidemiologists have confirmed as having been likely caused by that exposure."

Seems to back my contention that there is not much of a link cancer to 911.

We have 75 maybes.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
It seems to me that certain people here don't seem to realize they are on ignore.
OK, so you ran your mouth and can''t substantiate it. Color me shocked.

And do tell me, petunia, just how did I upset your thin little skin?

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon

This is a bill to continue funding healthcare costs for 9/11 first responders. This is to CONTINUE something we've already been doing. How the hell does congress get away with stonewalling this bill? Shame on every single fucking one of them.

"Your indifference costs these people their most valuable commodity. Time."
Same way they have been getting away with not payuing Veterans who were splashed with Agent Orange in VietNam. People don't give a shit so neither do they.

May 2019
USA
Same way they have been getting away with not payuing Veterans who were splashed with Agent Orange in VietNam. People don't give a shit so neither do they.
Those crooks on Capital Hill national religion of better never than late Nazi economics where fiefdom business of those burning Bush's 9/11 patriot act as the Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate which brought 9/11 to the USA ignores Rehnquist's Bicentennial Reichquest immaculate drug conceptions by the national religion KKK pedophilia churchstate fiefdom lynching enforcement where it makes no difference how many thieving US Constitution arsonists incidents there are in one nation under God nor does it matter to this SCOTUS supreme swastika up Uranus court of how many old glorys presented by Eisenhower for business excellence were stolen & burned, just as it didn't matter to their suicidal second coming thru 9/11 burnings Islamidiotocracy patriot acts .